Need Surf Board Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Surf Board Advice

Well, we got the 2012 Tige RZ2 last week and spent some time dialing in the wake with the custom fly high 1100 sacs, it was awesome. I got my wife (44), wife's friend (54) and daughter (15), son (10), daughter (8) surfing last week and they loved it. I got most of them wireless.

My problem is I can't ride anywhere near like I had expected. I am an intermediate wakeboarder and I grew up surfing. I didn't just dabble either, I was actually sponsored by a local surf shop during my high school years. Anyway, I can't stay wireless worth a crap and I know it's not the boat or the wake; either I am doing something wrong or it's the board.

The dealer set me up with 2 boards: 1) Liquid Force Custom Skim Style 4'2" for the family and 2) Liquid Force Custom Thruster 4'10" for me. I figured I would do well on the surf style thruster with my surfing background but the board is extremely slow and I keep falling out of the wake. I can ride the small board much better as far as staying in the pocket but I can't do any tricks because I'm too big for the board and it keeps nose diving (I'm 6' 200lbs).

I guess I need to go with a custom board. Any suggestions would be great, but I have no way to demo any boards on my lake. I don't mind spending whatever I need to get the right board. Anyway, thanks in advance and if anyone wants to buy a brand new Liquid Force Custom Thruster let me know I will let it go for a good price. The post on the TWP Bomp Pop looks nice.

Here is a pic of our friends daughter the first time she got up on the board and the wave looks massive. Her expression cracks me up. The wave is definitely not my problem.

What is your setup? thats sweet.

I just bought the inland surfer swallow v2 from WakeMitch...get ahold of him on Wake9.com. He knows his stuff. I spoke with him for 20 min about what I wanted and he hooked me up.

Comment

Originally posted by 2thdoc01 View Post
      What is your setup? thats sweet.

I just bought the inland surfer swallow v2 from WakeMitch...get ahold of him on Wake9.com. He knows his stuff. I spoke with him for 20 min about what I wanted and he hooked me up.
      2012 RZ2 with Fly High custom sacs plumbed in. 1100 lb capacity sacs, not sure of the part numbers, the dealer put them in for me. Had 4 adults and 2 children in the boat running TAPS at 3 and 10.8 MPH

Comment

Lakewakes Big Boy is good one for larger guys. Walker Project Bazooka is another. Both about same price. u will find fans of both here.

Comment

My advice before you go custom is to get away from the wakeboard manuf surf boards. Check Inland Surfer's website.

Comment

bet you'd be real happy with this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triple-X-4-8...ht_4525wt_1002

Comment

I think you would be more than happy with the Inland Surfer Swallow V2. The lightweight, fragile custom boards are for the highly skilled riders who need the board as light as possible to increase their airs and manuverablity. The Inland boards are super fun and are very durable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer View Post
                I think you would be more than happy with the Inland Surfer Swallow V2. The lightweight, fragile custom boards are for the highly skilled riders who need the board as light as possible to increase their airs and manuverablity. The Inland boards are super fun and are very durable.
                Price wise custom's are not far off from a production board such as an Inland Surfer.. I just bought a Bomp pop and a IS sweet spot pro. If I would have got a plain Bomb pop vs. a Sweet spot pro it would have been $725 vs. $699, they should not be that close in price because performance wise they are not even comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by shawndoggy View Post
                  Go with the 5.0 though. I rode the 5.0 last week and it was nice! I really liked it. Like Majestic, I have a TWP Bomb Pop in a 4'9" version and my brother, who is 220, rides on the brakes with it.

Comment

I've got a 4'8" xxx slasher and at 170 on a stock (MB) wave it is VERY fast... probably the fastest board I've ridden other than the original IS yellow loogie (which had zero rocker and pearled if you even thought about it).

The 4'8" is too bouyant for my 110lb mrs.

Comment

Working...
                    X