Acme 5 blade wakesurfing review and beta testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acme 5 blade wakesurfing review and beta testing

So I got a Acme 5 blade 2133- 14.00X13.50VL5B 1.125 .105 cup to test for surfing. As most of you know, I have tried all sorts of props. I have changed v-drive ratios in boats, tried new cups pitches and they never worked liked I had hoped and I hate hate hate cavitation.

Test boat. My 2005 Tige 24v. 3200 in ballast and 7 adults (I would guess 1100 pounds of people). Water wasn't super flat but not too bad.

Props tested:

1579 13.5 x 14.25 LH 1 1/8 Bore .105 CUP- 12.7 mph 3300-3400 rpms- Boat holds speed but rpms are high and it tends to cavitate with any bumps or waves. Wave is pretty clean but tends to have a slight wash every few seconds.

381 13.5 x 17.5 LH 1 1/8 Bore .105 CUP- 12.7 mph 3000-3100 rpms- Boat doesn't hold speed as well. More lead or people needs to be moved to the bow to hold speed and wake plate or taps needs to be lowered to hold speed affecting the wave. Any rough water makes holding speed worse. Wave is nice and clean.

2133- 5 blade 12.7 mph 2900-3000 rpms- Boat sounds so weird. Like a low singing roar. Gosh the best way to describe it is the boat doesn't care about the ballast. Literally could have surfed 18mph with it. It jumps to speed so fast, and the getting to speed is very smooth. It's hard to describe. Boat held speed perfectly through chop and waves. Also gas consumption was only 8 gallons in a couple hour set. So that was nice! I think 5 blades are a game changer for surf boats. Wave is nice and clean.

I did try other mphs. Same basic results but lower rpms across the board. The 381 works if you play with weight placement enough. The 5 blade didn't care were weight was and we moved weight for the best wave possible. Below are pics of the clean wave with the 5 blade and my buddy surfing.
    Attached Files
    Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Nice.. Glad you you got it dialed. I think I saw you that day. I was teaching my girlfriend how to drive the boat and pull at surf speeds, so if you saw us that is why we were all over the place.lol.. She gets to learn how to pull at hydrofoiling speeds next. She says she is excited to learn, but we'll see how excited she is to drive when I wake her up for the 5am Glass!

Did the Sheriff bug you guys at all? We saw him pulling over that Pontoon and bounced to Bottle Bay for cocktails as we didn't have a spotter.

Comment

How would the 5 blade be for wakeboarding do you know?? Sounds like it would be much smoother getting out of the water and much quicker
      For Those About To Ride We Solute You

Comment

I can try wakeboarding speeds today.

Hossdog, I haven't been bugged yet.
        Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

what about the top end? everybody seems to say they don't care about top speed but sometimes its nice to have it.
          Airkuld

Comment

I can test. It will be less for sure though.

Comment

Man, that wave is hopelessly clean Duff. Beautiful.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

My 20i struggles wakesurfing primarily because I have an all-around prop with top end for barefooting... It seems there's really no good combination for both surfing and top end.
                So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                  Man, that wave is hopelessly clean Duff. Beautiful.
                  Thanks! She took a while to dial in but wow she is a pretty wave.

Comment

Ok for fun with 7 adults on the boat and full ballast I wanted to see what my top speed would be. I got to 19mph, with zero cavitation. I don't know how long till acme starts really producing these props but everyone needs to buy one. I couldn't be more happy.

Comment

I'm tempted, but need at least ~35 MPH to make my waterskiers happy. I'm feeling a bit of cavitation occasionally with my 1235 and would like to fix that, but can't simply throw away everything above 20MPH!

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                        I'm tempted, but need at least ~35 MPH to make my waterskiers happy. I'm feeling a bit of cavitation occasionally with my 1235 and would like to fix that, but can't simply throw away everything above 20MPH!
                        Just get a 15 incher
                        www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
                        http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Dang it, I just got 5 blade props out of my head after the last go-round.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickedcummins View Post
                            Just get a 15 incher
                            We are still talking about propellers, right?

Anyway, I don't think I have the clearance on my hull or my trailer for anything beyond the 14.5 I have now. It was a close thing getting that 1235 to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
                              Ok for fun with 7 adults on the boat and full ballast I wanted to see what my top speed would be. I got to 19mph, with zero cavitation. I don't know how long till acme starts really producing these props but everyone needs to buy one. I couldn't be more happy.
                              Duffy - have you tried running this prop WOT without full ballast? Just curious what kind of top end it gives, whether it is 25, 35 or what?

Comment

Working...
                              X