2011 22ve surf wake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 22ve surf wake.

I just got this boat and I took it out yesterday. I wasn't impressed with the surf wake. I had a 04 22v and had the wake dialed in. What is the best ballast set up for the best surf wak?

How did you have it set-up? What ballast system do you have?

I run 1000lbs in the back locker on the surf side and no weight up front. A couple hundred pounds up front wouldn't hurt but you lose push. If you have the surf or pro system you should upgrade your 350 pound sacs to a bigger sac from Chpthril @ Mikes Liquid Audio and you will be impressed. It's a simple 5 minute swap.
    Last edited by majestic; 03-18-2012, 03:15 PM.

Comment

My V I run 1400 rear locker and 650 U in the bow then another 400 on the seat on the side we are riding!

www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
      http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Justin, just like majestic said, all the weight in the corner. Did you keep any of the sacs from your 22V that you could try for now?

Comment

Yes I kept my sacs and didn't try them yet. I just figured some one with a 22ve could say what they are running. It would save me a lot of time trying to dial it in. My last boat took almost a whole summer to get it dialed in. I have just the factory ballast right now. I also have v drive sacs and another bow sac from my last boat. Im thinking that I might do a custom sac from chptrl.

Comment

My set up is custom 1k sac from Chpthril taps at 5 and speed at 11.6. If I have only a few peeps in the boat I will put a 155lb fat brick or 400lb v-drive sac on the seat.

Comment

The Ve hull is very close to the old V hull, but they are different enough. You will need 1000lbs + in the rear corner, then TAPS 3-5 and speed 10.5 - 12 mph will get you very close.

From there, adding some bow weight will lengthen the pocket as needed.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I use the custom sac, one of the original ones (I think the newer ones are side specific and bigger), and it works good for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jzts0214 View Post
                  Yes I kept my sacs and didn't try them yet. I just figured some one with a 22ve could say what they are running. It would save me a lot of time trying to dial it in. My last boat took almost a whole summer to get it dialed in. I have just the factory ballast right now. I also have v drive sacs and another bow sac from my last boat. Im thinking that I might do a custom sac from chptrl.
                  Put one of the sacs under the seat and that will get you closer. My buddy used to put 2 vdrive sacs in the locker and then 2 under the seats so that whole port side under seat area was sacs and it was a nice wave!

Comment

Working...
                  X