Wakesurf Shape Length Height TAPS setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakesurf Shape Length Height TAPS setup

Hi guys, we are are a crew of Western Australian watersports lovers. What I'd like to know is any successful boat set up lesson that people have learnt. I own a 2011 RZ2 with 2000lbs/1000kgs Pro Ballast and we have a PCM 450 engine onboard, yeah it rips!
    Usually for natural footers like myself with a crew of 3 we run 100% ballast on the port side tanks and 25% on the starboard front 50% starboard rear to make up for smaller people numbers-TAPS @ 2 or 3 speed @ 10.2-10.8mph. If you look at my picture gallery you'll see the wave. Im looking to jack it right up and get some length on it so any help would be much apprectiated and spread around. G'day from WA
    Attached Files

To add length I would add some weight to the surf side in the bow or speed up.
    Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

On our RZ2, we rarely ever use rear off side weight unless it is to clean froth (and never 50%). It seems to mush the wake and destroy height. The exception is you can add off side weight once you completely bury the surf side rubrail but I do not think that is the case here. The few times I have done this I had an uneasy "we are gonna sink" feeling so I tend not to do it much.

And I agree with Duffy -- max out surf side bow weight on an RZ2. But avoid off side bow weight like the plague.

Comment

i donot know ,but the pic is cool
        how to install the bath faucet(http://www.sencart.com/Supply-faucets_c155)?thanks sharing

Comment

That sounds like a good idea Duncan, I'll drop the weight out of the offside completely. Playing with speeds & TAPS setting will probably be the best bet unless I add some non factory ballast. Thanks heaps

Comment

You need new rear bags. I just ordered a set for my boat. I already had a custom set, but I am adding pumps to decrease fill and transfer times. I have an rz2 as well. Email mike at : mikesliquidaudio@bellsouth.net Good guy. He sells and knows custom sacs. Essentially you want more weight in he back on the side you are surfing. Get the rub rail touching the water. Up front, fill the surf side sack all the way. Go 12 to 13 mph and put the taps on 2 -3. This will get you a great wave. To make it a bit longer, add 400lbs to the front surfside and go exactly 13 with taps on 2.
            This recipe comes fro ragboy at wake9.com (he has tons of experience and a bunch of helpful videos).
            2007 RZ2 Marine power 340hp Custom ballast
            Tundra Crewmax 5.7L

Comment

Agreed re custom sacks making a big difference on an RZ2. We have 1000 pound customs from Chpthrl in the rear lockers. But without 6+ people crammed on the surf side, even a custom sack will not bury the rub rail.

Is your front ballast in two sacks or one U-shaped sack? I took out the U and replaced it with two separate sacks (stock already fully plumbed, just had to wire switches and split the vent line). Anyone in the bow should stay on surf side or center line -- keep that off side bow seat empty.

Speed is mostly dependent on the board you are using. We have a skim style Hyperlite that needs slow speeds of 10-10.5. Our Inland Surfer Blue Lake quad likes 10-5-11.5, depending on rider. And our Walker Project F18 likes 11.5-12.5, depending on the rider.

The lower you can set TAPS and still get wave height the better. On days with lots of people in the boat, we run 1 or 2. When the crew is light, we may run 3 or 4.

Lastly, we see a BIG benefit from platform weight. First, we strap a 100 pound water brick to the back corner on the platform. Second, a passenger will sometimes sit on the surf side transom (on days of light water patrol presence). These two really make a difference in shape and size.

Comment

Great Ideas yet to be tried

Thanks Bigsky and Duncan, I really am frothing to get home and put her in the water, we haven't really come close to pushing it by the sounds of things as I have had my rubrail up n out all the time. Will let you guys know!
                Cheers

Comment

Duffy's custom surf sacs that he has for sale in the classified section might do the trick for ya.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                    Duffy's custom surf sacs that he has for sale in the classified section might do the trick for ya.
                    Or a pair of Plug-n-Play sac that will work with his Pro Ballast option
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

...or that.
                      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                        Or a pair of Plug-n-Play sac that will work with his Pro Ballast option
                        Mike what do you got for me? I want the largest sacs I can fit in this thing!
                        www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
                        http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Working...
                        X