No announcement yet.

Skimmer shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Timmy! I can't wait to see your build! You'll have a blast.

@ Nick, if you ever make it down NorCal way, give me a shout, you're always welcome to a pull. I should have the first R&D/production board ready in 2 weeks. We don't have the bottom graphics done yet, but hopefully soooooooon. You can give it a spin anytime after that.

I've got your item B) down to a science, I can do it frontside regular, backside switch and any manner of forward or revert

The pintails really work me hard, I can't ride them at all for whatever reason...no that's not true, it's because I have no skill!

It's been a few years ago that we had Morgan Just, the pro skimboarder who rides for Victoria skimboards, out behind our boat. I want to call him a kid, I'm sure he's in his mid 20's at this point, so far from a kid, anyway...he could ollie a finless skimboard behind our boat close to 2 feet off the lip. It was amazing to watch. No pumping in at all, just POP and he was in the air. It was one of the first times I thought - ohhhhh, airs don't have to be about speed at all. This young man could literally ollie in place and develop height that you'd swear he blasted into the wake using a rope.

I can't do that, just in case you were wondering.
    Buy my kid's board! http://www.flyboywakesurf.com

Comment

I think item B might be a slight lack of wake. While I love my wake, it is far from pro level. Hopefully myittle ballast mod will help that out.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I checked your ballast thread out Nick, looks killer!

I grabbed a new backup board for James today, does that carbon on the deck look like a giant butt?

Then I got passed by this little commuter car. This was on a stretch of freeway that would rattle your fillings loose. $229,000 just begging to be sideswiped.
        Attached Files
        Buy my kid's board! http://www.flyboywakesurf.com

Comment

Hey thanks man. It's turned out to be quite a project.

It would look like a butt if you had a fart sticker coming out of the crack.

Whoa! McLaren MP4-12C. That's a hell of a machine.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
          X