Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First wakesurf board ? ? Thoughts please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First wakesurf board ? ? Thoughts please.

Just bought a Tige and the family is wanting to give wakesurfing a try. I am looking for thoughts from everyone on here for a good first board. I don't need cheap but want a good board and not have to buy another one in a year. I have looked at a couple options including the Inland Surfer Squirt.

Once again any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Lots of threads on this topic, do some searches first to get schooled up. Then you'll be able to ask more specific questions. One thing that would help a lot is if you gave us the weight and skill level of the surfers you will have using the board.

Comment

As WABoating mentioned there are several threads on this. I was in a similar situation last year at this time. I ended up getting a Hyperlite Broadcast 5'6". I picked that one because I did not want to spend a lot on a board to learn on or risk getting damaged by a bunch of beginners. It ended up being a great board for us to learn on. We have had some 20 plus different people on this board that are a wide range of heights and weights. Towards the end of the summer I was looking to get a board that I could use for those that were advancing. I was looking at Shred Stixx and TWP. I do / did not have a way to demo either of these. It was recommended that I check out Lakewakes. I looked into them and they seemed like, to me, similar boards that I was considering yet quite a bit cheaper. I asked about that and came to find out it is because the guy builds them in his garage. By the way he is located in Atlanta. I was going to wait till this winter but had an offer that I could not refuse so I got a Lakewakes 55" wide. I was able to take it out a couple of times and have been happy with it. Several others have also tried my board and liked it, in fact another member on here ended up buying one after riding mine.

The best advise would be to demo different boards if you can. If not then you will need to figure out what kind of riding that you want to do. It still may not be a bad idea to get a board similar to the Broadcast to learn on and use after you get better as a board for those that are new coming on your boat.

Anyways that is my Good luck on your search and welcome to the site.

Here is one thread that was last week. http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16350

Comment

Bought this board this time last year. Not much mention of it here on the forum. I bought it with little to no input, and it is the board that everybody on the boat wants to ride. We have tried many others, but everyone seems to keep gravitating back to this one. It actually got sooo much use that it has so many repairs I was considering buying another one.

Comment

http://www.grindwater.com/images/boa...piro-ginsu.png

forgot the link

Comment

X2 on demo. Or buy used, since you will most likely be upgrading soon to a better board.
            Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I like the idea giving a lot of boards a try and will do that in the spring when I can get back in the water. What I need are some options from people of what you use and what I should try. Once again I dont mind spending a good amount of money on a board to try to keep from buying another one in a few months. I want to buy good right off the bat. My budget is probably somewhere around $600 or below if possible but for the right board I would spend more if needed. Thanks again.

Comment

I think you will most likely need 2 boards. How much do weight?
                Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

I weigh 185

Comment

anybody else in the family gonna use the board? their size info helps too.

Comment

My wife will use it and she is 110 and would like my son to be able to as well but that is not a deal breaker. I can get him his own board if needed but for reference he weighs 70 lbs. It would be nice to get a single board but if multiple boards are needed that is just fine. My son is more of a wakeboarder anyway. He is 8 years old.

Comment

Sounds like the same weight spectrum that we have, including the 8YO who will be (close to?) 9YO next year, just like my wakeboarding son. When we went through this evaluation last fall we ended up buying the Inland Surfer Infectious and it has been absolutely wonderful for all of us. We've got one full season on it so far and love it. Give it a strong look.

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                          Sounds like the same weight spectrum that we have, including the 8YO who will be (close to?) 9YO next year, just like my wakeboarding son. When we went through this evaluation last fall we ended up buying the Inland Surfer Infectious and it has been absolutely wonderful for all of us. We've got one full season on it so far and love it. Give it a strong look.
                          Thanks.. I will give it a look tonight.

Comment

Working...
                          X