Liquid Force Surfboards - any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liquid Force Surfboards - any good?

Does Liquid Force make a decent surfboard? I only recently sacked my boat out to discover it makes a pretty good surf wake. Never surfed behind a boat before. Surfing to me has always involved the ocean, paddling and wax! I'm pretty excited to get back there and surf an endless wave.

I'm curious about LF only because I can get some of their stuff at a decent discount. I'm looking for a good all around board to start. Something both me, my wife and a couple other family members can ride. Sizes would range from 130lbs. to 200lbs.

Thanks for the input.

TonyTheTige:

I don't know lots about Liquid Force in particular although we own a Liquid Force Venture thats not used very much but wanted to share some viewpoint to consider via our experience. Wakesurf board selection can be tough on the first timer because board prices range from $250 (or below) to super high of 600-$800 (sometimes more) and ya don't know if its gonna be fun, or what's a REAL GOOD board for the money vs a starter board at lower prices (mostly) and it can be real tough to try out boards before buying or get weekend rental. Many folks get started w lower cost boards then discover its a blast, seek better board and move up. We started w Hyperlite Landlock as starter and it was ok and my wife still likes that board but it did not work for me as I'm a bigger guy. We got lucky when a buddy got a Walker Project Bazooka that I got to ride several times and it was MUCH better board and I ended up buying it from him for much bigger bucks but I really like that board. Nothing wrong with that but some homework might payoff to avoid getting 2 boards.

I know its a really big haul for you guys to get up to Chico Ca where Ragboy does his Polar Bear event in Mid october but thats a great way to try many different boards, make some new friends and get some valuable input on riding methods/technique from folks that know lots more. Wake9.com has more info on that event and more board info too. My 2 cents. There should be more posts since lots of folks here a big time wakesurfers. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTige View Post
      Does Liquid Force make a decent surfboard? I only recently sacked my boat out to discover it makes a pretty good surf wake. Never surfed behind a boat before. Surfing to me has always involved the ocean, paddling and wax! I'm pretty excited to get back there and surf an endless wave.

I'm curious about LF only because I can get some of their stuff at a decent discount. I'm looking for a good all around board to start. Something both me, my wife and a couple other family members can ride. Sizes would range from 130lbs. to 200lbs.

Thanks for the input.
      I've got a 4'10 custom and a thruster. The truster is a little small for me (210lbs) but I've been riding the custom forever and I love it. I've never gotten more people to drop the rope on any board compared to the custom. I don't think u will be disappointed!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'm really kicking myself for not getting my crap together and heading to the Lake Mead Tige Owner's Reunion. Sounds like Ragboy went all out. Very cool of him!

When I first saw the dates, I was bummed because it wasn't going to work. I had a trip planned for the week before to Lake Mohave. Then my dates kept bouncing around because of other people's schedules. Ended up that I was at Mohave the same weekend as the reunion.

Oh, and I yank the boat all over the place, so distance is never an issue. We love seeing, camping, riding new lakes.

Comment

Tony...I just tried the LF Custom 4'6" this weekend. Did not love it. We put out a great wave and just could not get the board moving. Does your shop have any demo boards? Try and ride one before you buy it. We ride Triple XXX boards and love them.
          www.surfaustex.com

Comment

Thanks, this is just the type of info I was looking for. I do have a decent shop locally and finding the right board (regardless of manufacturer) is important.

Comment

I have 2 hyperlite broadcast boards. I love them. very inexpensive and easy to learn on. we get alot of beginners and have never had a problem getting them ropeless. great intro boards.

Comment

Interested as well

Tony,
                We live right up the 15 from you (Murrieta). I also travel with the boat all over - we may just bump into ya at the river next season. We (my family) wakeboard and waterski - but have yet to try the surfing experience. I appreciate your post and reading all the responses... thanks for beating me to the punch
                Dave

Comment

Working...
                X