No announcement yet.

2011 WWSC Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that Surfdad I was always curious why I would never see Drew at say a NWWSA event, and I'm not sure Bri has ever been up here either. I think its still funny that people somethimes assume Wakesurfing generates enough of an income that the pro's or people involved in the industry don't have 9 to 5 jobs. For Example Sean Cummings is a bartender or Mark Sher of Inland works for a telecom company. I'm sure there are other that would surprise everyone.

Comment

Yeah no riders are making a living from this, that's for sure. Dom Legace traveled the world this year connected with wakesurfing, but it wasn't from contest earnings, he was doing clinics and the like and I think he was probably doing alright before wakesurfing

Jimmy Redmond is an interesting guy. He founded the WWA back in 1990, 21 years ago but he's lived through the infancy of a sport of wakeboarding. It's funny to think of a sport, any sport reaching maturation in 21 years, but there you have it. Anyway he says NOT to have any sort of governance to let the sport "be driven by passion and commerce" His point was let so-and-so run their contest however they want and if it sucks, someone else will correct that and do it differently, the end result being the strongest survives as riders abandon the "sucky" method.

The other theory being floated was create some structure so that riders can know what the hell is going on and there is consistency between contests and formats.

Who knows where it will go, it's definately interesting to have a glimpse into the evolution of this sport and the various players that are involved.
      Buy my kid's board! http://www.flyboywakesurf.com

Comment

Fascinating commentary at this stage of the sport.

Comment

Working...
        X