RZR Set-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZR Set-up?

We have recently acquired a new RZR as it seemed to offer the best attributes for a multi-sport family. Now we are experimenting with the set-up for various purposes but especially SL skiing and surfing. Do any other RZR owners have experience with set-up of their boats that they could share? BTW we have the surf ballast option on our boat. Thanks in advance.

Congrats on your new RZR and welcome to the site.

I can't help you right off, but is seems that Chpthril either has or was working on a custom sac that you could use for surfing. If you do some searching you might find what your after.

Comment

For surfing taps 1-3 reg side, 500lbs under the bench, full surf side ballast, use the profile to dump 200 lbs in the front left of the sac after we've listed to keep the water over there, good luck

Comment

Thanks for the response guys. We aren't looking to do any after- market mods. Just tinkering with speed, taps and ballast. We have been filling either the port or starboard rear ballast (which is 600# on each side), taps at 4 and speed at about 10.5. This creates a decent wake but we're just trying to maximize it. We can put up to 400# in the front ballast but haven't tried that. The front ballast is just one compartment and can't be split left or right. Sounds like we might try putting 50% up there?

Comment

Originally posted by tigenorth View Post
          Thanks for the response guys. We aren't looking to do any after- market mods. Just tinkering with speed, taps and ballast. We have been filling either the port or starboard rear ballast (which is 600# on each side), taps at 4 and speed at about 10.5. This creates a decent wake but we're just trying to maximize it. We can put up to 400# in the front ballast but haven't tried that. The front ballast is just one compartment and can't be split left or right. Sounds like we might try putting 50% up there?
          set the taps at 2 when surfing with only the surf ballast, you CAN split the front ballast! go to tige you and create a surf profile that will fill the bag on only the left side! the sac is connected but the list keeps most water over there

Comment

I usually run around 11.5 but I am running the custom surf sac whick puts me at 1200lbs in port side, plus 400lb front is always full to lenghten the pocket. Taps setting usually at 2.

Comment

Interesting....Thanks again for the input. Bspot, can you tell me about your custom surf sac? Where does it sit? Where did you purchase? Does it make a big difference? Hello to a fellow Albertan!

Comment

It is an L shaped sac that fits on the port side ski locker and runs under the port seats about 1/2 way up the center cushion. It was simple to install, just removed the factory sac 4 quick connect fittings and plugged them into new sac. I ordered it from chptril from tige owners. It is mandatory you post a pic of your new boat!

Comment

Thanks. I will post a picture or two as soon as I can figure out how to make the upload to album work. Something wasn't working last night. Have a good weekend and hope you get out on the lake!

Comment

I also just picked up my new rzr yesterday and trying to figure out surfing, If I learn anything different I will let you know

Comment

Congrats freekshow. You should enjoy the boat. We somehow managed to put 31 hours on ours in a few weeks! Did you get it from Hyperactive? What lake do you run on?

Comment

Looks like we are going to have to have a Hyperactive Tige Owners Reunion for all us boys up north like our brothers to the South do! What do you think John, demo some boards, check out some stereos, we can buy some more stuff...Thinking Kal lake next summer?? What do you say Canucks??

Comment

Any folks have pics or vids of waves? can help sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                          X