My new LakeWakes 55" Wide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new LakeWakes 55" Wide

I got a chance to try my new LakeWakes 55" wide today. I was on a Scout trip so I did not have a lot of time to test it, let the boys have fun. It seems like it is going to be an awesome board once I get the hang of it. I am not an expert just starting, been out 6 times. I have a Hyperlite Broadcast 5'6" that I can ride ropless on. This was such a good deal I could not pass it up. I have two sets of fins, they are a Future Vector II FSG1 415 and Future Scimitar 451. I used the Future Vector II FSG1 415 fins today and wanted to try the others but did not have a chance. Here are some pics and a quick video:

Attached Files

I also meant to add for reference that we were going 11.4 mph, may be a tad fast for learning on this, and the water was choppy. I am 6' and 230#.
    Last edited by skippabcool; 08-28-2011, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Nice looking board! That water looked terrible!

Comment

Nice Skippa!

Comment

Skippab:

We have 2 setups for wake surfing- we have 1100 lb custom bag on port side and 250lb factory tank on starboard.

Plan A: bigger/taller wave for max push but short sweet spot - wifey likes this setup as seen here. TAPS at 5.5 and 10.5 mph

Plan B: 11.5 mph and Taps at 4-4.5 plus we add 400 lb bag to port seat. Makes for slightly reduced wave height but longer sweet spot. When we get 4- 6 peeps then its really great. no vid yet. ST68 also uses this setup but more weight w one 1100 lb bag and double 300 lb bags on seats on starboard side and its real nice.

Comment

Jbort I am similar. I have the 1100# custom sac. We have the SpeedSet set at 11.4 mph and taps at 4-5 depending on what it looks like. This weekend there were only one adult, driver, and three smaller kids on the boat. Not much extra ballast. Typically we have several adults and kids in the corner. I have gotten fairly good on the Broadcast. This new board has a different feel so I will need to get used to it.

Here is the first day I started going ropeless, three weekends ago, on the Broadcast.

Here is the weekend following that with some rough water.
            Last edited by skippabcool; 08-29-2011, 02:12 PM.

Comment

lookin good. now its get more board time w the new one. good luck.

Comment

For more information on LakeWakes boards go to lakewakes.com

Comment

Comparing the two, the LWB seems to have you floating deeper. I wonder if bumping it to 12 or 12.5 mph will give it a little better lift. Im sure you tried all kinds of scenarios. Just looks like youre draging, to me.
                  So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

I love the dog-paddle technique.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy_houseboater View Post
                      Comparing the two, the LWB seems to have you floating deeper. I wonder if bumping it to 12 or 12.5 mph will give it a little better lift. Im sure you tried all kinds of scenarios. Just looks like youre draging, to me.
                      Unfortunately, I was unable to try many scenarios. I only tried riding it two times for a couple of minutes. I knew I wouldn't have much time and wasn't even going to bring it but decided I wanted to at least try it.

Comment

Beautiful board... but looks like you need a little more wake. Im no expert though. Maybe RagBoy can chime in.

Comment

I finally had good water and a bunch of time today to thoroughly test my Lakewakes 55" wide. What an awesome board! I am just a beginner but I was able to carve the wake. Unfortunately, I don't have any videos since it was just a couple of us. I had a blast on it. I can't wait to get more time on it to keep improving. Some day I might be as good as RJ. I definitely would recommend this board to anyone looking. Thanks Lakewakes!

Comment

my whole family is goofy we have an rzr with the surf ballast package. I filled the starboard side (600) and filled the front (400) and had about 250 on the port side with about with about 525 lbs worth of peeps in the corner. Sound close? we just got the boat and are learning, I was able to let go of the rope but only for about 15 seconds, I am old lol 43

Comment

What board you using? What speed?

Comment

Working...
                              X