Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry.......another "which board" thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry.......another "which board" thread.

I'm having a very hard time choosing a surf style board. I think I've narrowed it down to the Jetty or a triplex slayer. There are no demos here in the midwest so I need some help.

I'm 6'2" 190lbs. Tige 22V w/about 1500lbs (wake is good/medium). I currently have a CWB ride. It's fine for cruising all day or even an occasional 360 but I'm ready for some more action and it's just too slow.

Can anyone offer personal experience (good or bad) with these two boards (or add to the confusion and suggest a third)? Also, which size? Would the 4.10/4.8 still provide enough drive?

Thanks
    -aaron

I will add to the confusion. I was looking at a TWP or Shred Stixx. I found out about Lakewakes, you can check them out at Lakewakes.com. They were cheaper than the two previous mentioned or even any of the factory surf boards. So far I have heard nothing but postive. I ended up pulling the trigger on a Lakewakes prototype board last week. I should have it this week and will be able to give a better review once I have it. I still will not be able to compare it to any others, except for my Hyperlite Broadcast. I am hoping to meet up with Iwndr and see how it compares to his Grindwater.

Comment

You're right. I had made a decision to go w/ a lakewakes board. I spoke w/ Mark on the phone yesterday and I would love one of his 2012 55 wide but he doesn't have anything in stock and I'd like to ride a little before the season is done. I'll be hitting him up in the off season for one of those.

Comment

Oh, you bought the facebook board. He told me ask you for a review.

Comment

That is the one that I got. I was going to wait for the off season to buy but I deceided that it was too good of a deal to pass on.

Comment

I rode RJ Garcia's Jetty a few days ago, I believe its a 4' 10 and first impression was I didn't care for it but after a few more minutes I was starting to like it but was night and day from my TWPF-18. I also have ridden the XXX slaysher and really liked it. It in fact felt very similar to my TWP board which I love.

It's so... hard to put down that kind of money on a board without a demo first.

Good luck with your decision.

Comment

Thanks for the input.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your height and weight and which size slasher did you ride?

Can anyone give advantages vs. disadvantages of slayer vs. slasher?

Comment

Originally posted by Schwindt View Post
                Thanks for the input.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your height and weight and which size slasher did you ride?

Can anyone give advantages vs. disadvantages of slayer vs. slasher?
                5'5 180. The XXX board I rode was the slasher pro 5' version? My friend who owns it is 6'2 220 and gets air and almost has the 360.
                Last edited by majestic; 08-23-2011, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X