• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a new board to match the new boat.

Boat: RZ4
    Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 200lbs

I've been wake surfing since '02 and can ride both sides of the wake regular and switch. 3's are pretty dialed and I've been trying to get airs without much luck and I'm pretty sure my old 2002 LF 4'8" (I think it's a custom..) is holding me back.

I want a board with a lot of speed and pop to get me to the next level.

???

I was checkin out the LakeWakes boards on an earlier thread. Seems like this would be a good choice for you. They make a 5'-2" board that's perfect for a step up.
    So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Walker Project is great at custom paint jobs and the Bazooka is a great big guy board. I had a custom paint Bazooka made this past winter that has the color scheme of my boat on it... it is great to have and even more fun to ride. I also had a Grom made for the kids that matches my boat too. I am not sure Lakewakes does custom paint right not but you could certainly ask. Martin Nasim is the artist TWP uses... they sent me a proof, we made a few changes and they were very patient and flexible with me to be sure I was pleased with the finished product.

Comment

I would get one of the new flyboy boards...if i could buy anything right now itd be that. Im riding an shredstixx elevation right now. Idkweight limits of that flyboy though.
        Joey - Red 20V Riders Edition

Comment

Flyboy's are rated up to 185lbs.

Comment

Shred stixx does custom boards and that means any size or color. My next shred stixx is gonna be a chaos custom. They have double haul or two channels on the bottom, parabolic stringer, and a flatter rocker and a wider nose. It's the fastest board I have ever surfed.
            Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Flyboy would not work with your height and weight. You are a bit big for the "pro" boards and a bit small for the "big boy" boards.

Some great boards to check out:

Soulcraft Jetty, great custom boards, probably around a 4.10 or 5.0

Walker Project, Dennis can set you up on a WSM, amazing board.

Shredstixx Custom Hazen, don't do production, but custom model. Production models are tanks.

The first 2 are similar in ride, more responsive Twinzer fin setup, faster down the line. The SS is a bit slower down the line and less responsive due to the quad fin setup, but tons of drive. The difference in those setups are chosen based on your preference. Watch some videos of James Walker riding to get an idea of the first style and then Chase Hazen riding for the SS style.
              http://wake9.com/

Comment

Here is a great video, where you can see a bunch of riders, lots of styles. James Walker on the Flyboy, rides similar to the WSM I mentioned, but you can get a WSM in your size, and then Chase and other SS riders on custom Hazens of various sizes. Alec Wood is close to your size. Then also skim riders in the mix.

http://wake9.com/

Comment

Working...
                X