My 9 year old daugher goes wireless!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 9 year old daugher goes wireless!

She has been working diligently all summer and over the weekend she finally got it.

It has been a challenge, because of how small she is for 9 years old. She is about 50 pounds and we have to get her up in a special way. She starts laying on the board and we start moving the boat at just an idle pace, then she puts her front foot up on the board and when she feels her balance, she stands up and I accelerate the boat.

It takes a bit for the wake to clean up since it is such a gradual acceleration. I am also working to adjust things now that I have some fatsacs in the boat. This video is with taps at 5, 400 lbs in rear locker and 400 lbs sitting in the front walkway of my Z1.

I am so proud of her for all her surfing work this summer, she has helped make the boat purchase one of the most fulfilling investments I have ever made.

Here is a link to her video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kF-fGFfb7g

That is super cool

Comment

Awesome job - for the whole family. I know just how you feel, my 9YO son dropped the rope (intentionally and reliably {grin}) for the first time a few days ago and is now ~95% reliable while ropeless. It's a great feeling. I love the smile on your daughter's face, it speaks volumes.

It's especially hard for the little ones, given their reduced weight compared to the board. It's hard for them to control a standard board. But they can get it, as your video proves!

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Congrats congrats congrats and way to go!!!! Get this over to wake9.com and get a t-shirt from Ragboy.

Comment

Originally posted by jbort View Post
          Congrats congrats congrats and way to go!!!! Get this over to wake9.com and get a t-shirt from Ragboy.
          I tried to get it over to wake9.com but the contact form was not on the page where it talks about the kids surfing. I figured they took it down.

Comment

its tehre......Try this spot on wake9.com:

http://wake9.com/community/showthrea...=1403#post1403

its in "catch the wave" in General discussion of The Community.

Hope that helps.

Comment

What a great vid. That smile and laugh is priceless!

Comment

cool vid. she make the wake look huge
                Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

Geek post that over at Towanza. They give away a grom board monthly for pics, not sure on videos?

Comment

Fricken awesome!!!

Comment

AWESOME =D

That is so cool I barely got that down this weekend lol. She's gonna go pro for sure lol.

Comment

Thanks for posting, love seeing new peeps going wireless!!! Good Job Mom and Dad!!

Comment

Working...
                        X