Liquid Force 5'3" Fish or CWB Razr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liquid Force 5'3" Fish or CWB Razr?

This weekend was the first time I tried wakesurfing and was hooked after the first pull. I rented a CWB Ride for the weekend and only rode it a little bit on Saturday, after that the wind picked up on Lake Powell. The place I rented from will put the rental fee towards a new board. They have a couple 2010 boards that are half off right now that I'd like to pick up, but would like to know your recommendations. The people riding the board will be 160-190lbs and over 6 feet tall. Beginners but pick things up quick, so I would like a board that handles well, but also be able to get the hang of it.

Which would you recommend the 2010 Liquid Force 5'3" Fish or 2010 CWB Razr?

Thanks!

If you are looking for an all around board then I would go with the Hyperlite Broadcast. This is a flexible board that all can learn on - not sure about the fish, but I am sure you can locate a Hyperlite Broadcast on Ebay/Craigslist/etc for the same kind of money.

Comment

The Fish looks like it would be more fun but I have never ridden it.

The Broadcast is ok, rides the same as all of the other wakeboard mfr's big boards.

Comment

Well they only have the Fish or CWB Razr for 50% off. The Fish is $150 and the Razr is $200. The Razr is a lot lighter in weight then the fish if that makes any difference.

Comment

If you're a beginner that swallow tail might be a little harder to ride than the razr. But I've never ridden either one. My guess is they'll both ride so close to the same that it won't matter which one you pick.
          Waiting for another good one!

Comment

Save yourself the $50 and get the Fish. You will want something better than both of them in just a couple of weeks anyway. They are probably both fine for absolute beginners and something that you keep in the boat to teach people how to ride on but that's about all they are good for.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
              Save yourself the $50 and get the Fish. You will want something better than both of them in just a couple of weeks anyway. They are probably both fine for absolute beginners and something that you keep in the boat to teach people how to ride on but that's about all they are good for.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
                Sound advice.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

For the record, not bashing either of those boards but the wakeboard companies boards are all roughly the same. The CWB Tsunami is a little more fun than the bigger ones and I would guess rides close to the same as the Fish.

Comment

so when you are ready to start pushing the limit, what board do you all recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by travis5550 View Post
                      so when you are ready to start pushing the limit, what board do you all recommend?
                      That's going to really depend on what you want to do. For me, my choice was a Walker Project Signature.

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. I ended up with the Razr for now. The sale had ended for the Fish and would of cost an extra $25. Since it didn't seem to matter which board I tried to save as much as possible, until I get the hang of it, and find out what I really want.

Comment

good approach - thats a good start. check with any other riders nearby to try different boards too.

Comment

Working...
                          X