TAPS position for wakesurfing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAPS position for wakesurfing

I noticed today that when my 2009 22Ve, without any ballast, when taps was set at 0 I created a much bigger wake than when I had taps set at 8. is this normal? my speed was at 11mph, and only had 3 people in the boat, no extra ballast. am i interpreting the taps system wrong, where 0 is huge and 8 is small?

my 07 22 Ve does that too on the goofy side but on the regular side it makes a much bigger wake with the taps at about 6 to 7 same amount of people in the boat.

Comment

With the boat out of the water, verify the operation of the TAPS. 8 should be up 0 should be close to parallel with the hull.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I get the best surfing wake when Taps is set at 3. I did the screen calibration just to make sure I was on the best setting. If memory serves me correctly, the profile option for surfing lists Taps on 1.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          With the boat out of the water, verify the operation of the TAPS. 8 should be up 0 should be close to parallel with the hull.
          yes, that is correct when i do it out of the water.

Comment

The newer hulls really seem to like some down plane (low taps #'s). My old boat lives at 8 while surfing. Find what works for you and that is all that matters.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

deeper and longer wake with less taps, steeper and shallower wake with higher taps. I like mine at 3-4 with lots of weight in the back! I have a buddy who has a malibu with the wedge and he likes my taps at 8-9 because it resembles his wake on his boat. however its not smooth and very steep, not too deep of a greenroom or pocket either.
              Get some sumo sacs for the back lockers and you'll be good, I don't think you need weight upfront with the Tige and the taps system. However, i do have 900lbs up front to get crazy with.

Comment

For my boat, the greatest funti8on of TAPS is to clean up the wake only. Where the people are in the boat, how much weight and its distribution in the boat, and the speed of the boat have a much greater determination of the shape, size and length of the wave. Set up your weight, pick the speed and use the TAPS to get rid of the wash. I used to surf at 10.0 or 9.8 mph because that was all that would push me ropeless. I put in Chpthrl's custom sac and am now running 11.0 mph at TAPS four with an awesome wave. I also noticed that when my passengers are sitting on the other side of the boat, TAPS 3 makes a better wave.

Comment

Working...
                X