how do i weight my rz4 for surfing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i weight my rz4 for surfing?

I just got my RZ4 end of last season - we're in Alabama and have 73 degree water!! So we're on! I have the pro ballast 2010 RZ4 and we are trying to learn how to get the perfect wave! Left foot forward, fill the left rear ballast. Do you fill the front? How about the Taps? Sure these are super easy to figure out, but my husband won't stay off the board long enough for me to play with the system!! And he keeps falling and screaming at me to get him a better wake!! HELP!!

Fill the rear tank and sac on the side you plan to surf. If you have any passengers along, have them sit along the back and side of the surf side. For now, I wouldnt worry about filling the front sacs.

Speed = 11 MPH
    TAPS - 4-5

This should get you a good wake to surf on, but keep in mind that the rider's stance will also have a lot to do with the ability to free ride without the rope.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hey! War Eagle!!! Thanks for the setting tips chpthril! We'll try it out this weekend!

Comment

Oh sure, blame the wife for not being able to surf. Tell that man of yours to nut up and ride long enough for you to tune the wake. You are woman! Hear you roar!

Mostly just what chp said.

Do you have an FAE? Maybe he is just dizzy from exhaust fumes and that is why he keeps falling.
          Last edited by NICKYPOO; 05-19-2011, 07:22 PM.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Yeah, Nicky! Next time he falls, I'll just keep on going, get that wake just right, THEN go back and pick him up - if he's still there!! LOL!

Comment

I usually fill both the front and back bags. Speed 11.5 and Taps at 3 want a longer chute speed up a little.

Comment

Originally posted by auburntigegal View Post
                Yeah, Nicky! Next time he falls, I'll just keep on going, get that wake just right, THEN go back and pick him up - if he's still there!! LOL!
                That's something Christy would do

Comment

Hey! GWhite and chpthril, great rides this weekend thanks to you guys!! Getting the hang of it (of course I can stay up longer than my husband).
                  Thanks guys!!

Comment

Working...
                  X