X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZR or Z1 for Surfing?

Looking at purchasing a new boat.
    I currently have a 22V.
    I have narrowed it down to the RZR/R20 or the Z1.
    How do the waves compare?
    What prop would you recommend?
    What optional extra's are a must.
    Is the surf ballast enough or would you have to add more?
    Thanks
    Ross
    PS in South Africa, so to demo is not an option!

RZR, lots of ballast, should be awesome!
    Joey - Red 20V Riders Edition

Comment

I have a rzr and it has the factory surf ballast. After deciding that i didnt think the wave was big enough i pulled the 350lb soft sack out of my surf side and added a 1000lb enzo sack. Sunday was the first day out and the wave is massive but i still cant get it long. I had a few people in the boat and didnt really mess with it all that much. I will shoot some pics when i get it worked out.

Comment

Which enzo sac did you put in, do you have dimensions? Did it plug right in? Pics are a must!!

Comment

Originally posted by leboeuf45 View Post
          I have a rzr and it has the factory surf ballast. After deciding that i didnt think the wave was big enough i pulled the 350lb soft sack out of my surf side and added a 1000lb enzo sack. Sunday was the first day out and the wave is massive but i still cant get it long. I had a few people in the boat and didnt really mess with it all that much. I will shoot some pics when i get it worked out.
          Little weight in the bow and that'll help lengthen it up a bit...
          Waiting for another good one!

Comment

Originally posted by leboeuf45 View Post
            bump the speed up and drop the taps down a bit, that should lengthen it. dont add too much weight up front, itll make your wake long but it wont be tall.
            Joey - Red 20V Riders Edition

Comment

Originally posted by bspot View Post
              Which enzo sac did you put in, do you have dimensions? Did it plug right in? Pics are a must!!
              Fly High only makes one Enzo. The dimensions are listed on the website. No, the Enzo is not a plug-and-play sac for the Tige Pro/Surf ballast option.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

You could get a custom enzo type sac. My custom fat sacs on order from fly high will weight 1800+ each!
                Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
                  You could get a custom enzo type sac. My custom fat sacs on order from fly high will weight 1800+ each!
                  He sure can, and I already have them. Matter of fact, the 2nd batch actually shipped out today Im 90% sure they fit the RZR/R20, just need to confirm.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I will post pics tomorrow, it is just the enzo sac they had at the dealership. They originally said that it would not just plug right in, that they had to do 5-6 hours worth of modification. The guy in the pro shop did some research for me and after a few calls he determined that it would just plug right in, they charged me 2 hours labor to install and adjust the timers. The wave is very tall, with taps on 5 and @11 mph it was about 6 inches above my waist.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
                      Anybody surfed both boats Z1 & RZR?
                      How does the wave compare to the 22V?
                      I really want a hassle free ballast system i.e. don't want to have to put bags all over the place.
                      Anybody played with props & have any suggestions?
                      Attached the wave we have on the 22VIMG_8989.JPG

IMG_8971.JPG
                      Thanks
                      Ross

Comment

Working...
                      X