No announcement yet.

James signature from Inland Surfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fin mold needs to be tweaked some, but the shape is good and for some reason Cobra goes crazy on the resin with the prototypes, so that change and the fin change and it'll be really close.

Dennis took a quick video for us.

Buy my kid's board! http://www.flyboywakesurf.com

Comment

wow i can't believe you are still riding... what is the air and water temp?

Comment

It was freezing! We had temperatures of 42 air and 49 water.
        You think those pictures are crazy, check our buddy Dennis on that same day!
        Attached Files

Comment

That is one crazy mofo!
          Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

haha no thx!! thats boardline retarded... haha im playing... but seriously

Comment

Okay, I pulled the trigger. Pre-ordered one today. It will be Christmas in April when it arrives.

Comment

Thanks! James thanks you too! We are trying to get the final touches taken care of from the factory, so hopefully we'll have a final board here soon.
                Last edited by Surfdad; 01-20-2011, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kerlee View Post
                  Okay, I pulled the trigger. Pre-ordered one today. It will be Christmas in April when it arrives.
                  Congrats on the purchase. I saw one at the Seattle boat show tonight, great looking board and I would love to have one but when I saw the price my jaw almost hit the floor!

@Surfdad- please know I mean no disrespect I know you guys have worked really hard and it shows, but I was really looking forward to buying one of these boards and after I saw the price I feel like I got kicked in the nuts!

Comment

That's funny - you are way too invested in your board purchase decisions!

I know they are crazy expensive, when we were building and selling we had them listed at $800 + shipping and EVERYONE involved that was helping out was yelling they weren't making any money. The retailer, the builder, sheesh. Right now I have two prototypes being built by Stretch and he's giving me a 'bro deal at $1,000 per unit! Eric, who built all the production boards for us last year, is now hitting me at $1,000 a unit and none of these boards have artwork or logos. The first one that I get from Stretch in a week or so will have the high density foam visible! Those guys aren't paying a sales commission, or the shipping or any advertising on it.

The product is amazing - when done right, the pre-production boards were crazy heavy, Cobra has promised they'll get those down. The FlyBoy Production boards were 5'ish pounds ready to ride, and they don't heel dent. Super light, super stiff and rugged to boot. It's just that the process is so complicated that it involves a ton of labor and that shoots the price through the roof. If you can't sleep at night, you can read about how we built the original FlyBoy Wakesurf Boards

I don't set the price, I'm guessing that you saw one from a retailer as I understand that Inland didn't have a booth. How much were the boards retailing at, up there?

Comment

One of the local dealers had a one if the 5ish pound boards at his booth and had a pre-order price of $899.00. So after our wonderful sales tax I will be into that board for almost $1000.00 I guess I shouldn't have been surprised although I was hoping that mass producing them would help get the cost down. In reality that is not too far from the TWP F-18 I bought last year that got damaged by some part of my body when I was riding with the Garcia's at the end of last summer (Dennis H is getting it repaired for me and will hopefully hold on to it till the Spring festival) so maybe there should be a price to be paid for a light durable high performance board!

Buying the board won't keep me up at night but my back will probably hurt for awhile since my wife will have me on the couch when she see's the bill. I may wait awhile and try to ride one first to see how I like it compared to the last version plus I have dropped 25lbs since the end of summer and it may be easier to ride now. It would really be more of a want then a need.

I appreciate that everyone wants there cut but I would feel better knowing that James and your family was getting the largest of it since you put in all the hard work, maybe I should have bought the previous version

Comment

I think that Inland does a good job of taking care of it's dealers. That's so important in this weak economy. Thanks for the compliments.

I know all about that board! You'll definately have it before spring.

Comment

Jeff and Lance of Inland were at the factory last week and I just got a FedEx shipping tracking email from them last night, we'll have one of the final production boards in a few days.

I swiped these pictures from Jeff P's Facebook album.
                          Attached Files

Comment

thats a sweet board

Comment

whats the raised traction pad for? (the taller section down the middle of the pad)

Comment

That kid has come a long way. You must be so proud. Congrats to both of you.
                                You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X