Ballast extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast extreme

I found this thread at Wakesiderides and couldn't believe the picture in post #8. The sling off the tower and the two human ballast system on the back are crazy! There are all kinds of wrong things in that picture! If a ranger ever saw that I'd be locked up! Not to mention Alvie, getting fumigated back there. It just seems like an extreme to me for a surf wake. Maybe that's what it takes for a Malibu? You can click on the picture to enlarge it.
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

As far as I know, they'd get locked up here in Texas also. Looks like Darwin award material
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

The owner rides on a lot of the local lakes around Dallas and from what I have heard he just surfs, never wakeboards or any other sport.

Why buy a WB boat and just surf behind it all the time? Seems like overkill to me.

Comment

When we surf, we have 1 or 2 people hang off the side of the boat from the tower with their feet just under the windshield, and then up to 3-4 people on the back. We just make sure that those people are wearing vests just incase something does happen. It's definitely worth it, because the surf wake is huge.
        www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Comment

Wow...idiots everywhere.

Comment

What a pain in the arse. If you can't go out and kill it without out all the monkeys hangin' all over the place mabey you should find something else to do. I can appreciate a bad *** wake as much as any one, but a bad *** surfer is way more impressive. I quote John Wayne "it's gettin' to be re god damn dicules".
            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Garcia

Why buy a WB boat and just surf behind it all the time? Seems like overkill to me.
              Status! That and the prop out of the way.

I agree with Nickypoo or should I say NICKYPOO. I'm not about to have idiots hanging off my boat like that. I could use Alvie sitting in the bow though.

And water patrol would take a dim view of that in Missouri.
              "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

In MO - at least here in St. Louis, if the water patrol finds these folks, they're done. Riding in the back, hanging off the tower and the boat overloaded are all steep fines.

Heaven helps them if the Water Patrol finds booze in that boat after being stopped and searched.

The sad part is that they're probably getting the safe boater discount from Progressive Insurance.

Comment

Hijack Alert..

Smendez, they are now setting up BWI stops on Table Rock. Two of them so far, the first one caught 6 people intoxicated, haven't heard the results for the second.

Also rumor has it that at the port of Kimberling, the Cops were stopping every car/truck out of there to "chat" Don't know of any arrests, but looks like I will be spending more nights on the houseboat.

Long story short, be carefull in MO, and always have a sober driver. Good rule of thumb anywhere though.

Hijack over
                  "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

On the other hand, you gotta love a sport where guys like Alvie get invited to go boating because of their weight. Now if only they'd make wakeboards that size...
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Dare I say Ballast Boy strikes again.

Comment

BALLAST NOT SO EXTREME

After a long day of slalom skiing, we figuered we would surf back to the dock. Instead of filling the sacs, we figured we would try it without ballast just to see if we could pull it off. We pulled it off. Two people, a half full cooler and half a tank of fuel was all the ballast we had. Sure it wasn't huge but, it can be done. Untortunatly for me, I was the heaviest so I got least amount of wake but, like I said, it can be done.

Comment

We've done the same thing. The cooler in the back corner of the boat works really well...and it's multi-functional.

Comment

Working...
                          X