Lake Austin Wake Enhancement petition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Austin Wake Enhancement petition.

For anyone interested that lives in the Austin area or frequents Lake Austin. Currently, persons are trying to get wake enhancements banned from the lake. The below link is to a petition that SUPPORTS THE USE OF WAKE ENHANCEMENT DEVICES. If interested, please take the time to sign it.

Thanks a ton,

Bryan

http://www.petitiononline.com/wed1112/petition.html

Done.

I mentioned this in another thread earlier this year about retrictions in the Portland Oregon area. I said it is only a matter of time until we see the same type of restrictions proposed throughout the U.S.. I see the time has come faster then I expected.

I also mentioned that it seems like it would be a good thing for the Boat Manufactures to get together and maybe help support their clients and put some $$$$$ behind a campaign to educated and stop this kind of restrictions on OUR waterways. I only hope that the day comes sometime before it's too late.

Comment

Good luck with it!
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I've signed the petition but it does not explain why we want our wake enhancement devices nor does it counter the argument from the group that is pushing for the ban. If you could find and quote some charter or regulation from the government organization that allowed to lake to be built that says the lake should be available to the public for recreational purposes that would look much better on the petition. But just saying we are against a ban when it's probably a homeowners group that has a few damaged docks or something is not much of an argument. I've only been on lake Austin once and I didn't know at the time but is there any restrictions on the lake such as clockwise or anti-clockwise circuits? In order to work with the groups pushing this petition do you believe there is a way to set some easy to follow restrictions about how far from shore you should be for surfing/wake boarding to get them to calm down a little? They are probably tax payers for their higher priced lake front property and it's going to be a hard fight. Good luck.
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Done. I have family in Austin and I'm hoping to hang out with them next summer or at least the following year when F1 comes to Austin. I'm also hoping to bum a ride with a Tigeowner while in town.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Thanks guys. Ewok- I just was informed of the situation a few days ago and was sent a link to the petition. It does lack some substantial arguments, I agree. I will get some more information regarding the conflict and post them.

Comment

I don't need the arguments myself, I just want to make sure the owners of the petition go into any type of hearing with overwhelming evidence that banning wake enhancing devices restricts the public recreation available on the lake. If homeowners are getting their docks or boats beat up due to wakeboard boats who are dumb and/or reckless then some boater courtesy/etiquette campaign might make these homeowners back off as well. Situations like these you need to go in with both guns blazing, overwhelming force of law, common sense and courtesy. AOPA does this anytime a small private airport is threatened with restrictions or closing because a new developer wants to put a housing development next to an airport that has been there for 75 years and it's too noisy for prospective residents.
              2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
              2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Working...
              X