Epoxy board crack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epoxy board crack

I was getting my gear ready for the weekend and noticed this little crack in my IS Blue Lake. It is an Epoxy board and I searched for some repair kits and got a little direction from Towanza but does anyone have any advice on how to do a proper repair? When I get my new board this will be relegated to the beginner/big boy board but I want to keep riding this weekend, any tips?

2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

My suggestion would be to sand the crack a little and do some 5 minute epoxy. I have done this for years on Air Chairs, kneeboards Wakeboards and Ski's works like a champ. If you are picky about the color go to your local R\C hobby store and pick up some epoxy paint the same color..

Comment

Agreed with gwhite - it's a superfical wound. IS makes a repair kit that is color matched if you want to go that route. Since you're thinking of relegating it to a boat board - sand it to clear out the loose material and slather on some 5 min epoxy from your local hardware store and you're good.
      Buy my kid's board! http://www.flyboywakesurf.com

Comment

Surfdad, thanks for the info that it's just a superficial crack. I'll get some epoxy today.
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Working...
        X