Finally had my 6 year old wanting to surf Hans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally had my 6 year old wanting to surf Hans

It took all summer of watching dad and friends surf that my 6 year old told me on Labor Day weekend that he wanted to surf Hans. He has surfed with me on our Blue Lake before. (I have a video of that but have not tried to post)He thought that he could just stand up on the board right away, but I thought it best to get him comfortable on the board and proximity to the boat by riding on his knees.

Of course the water temp fell from 80F in mid July to 66F due to cold days and frost at night. He took the cold water like a champ and popped up to his knees his first time on the board and actually had slack in the rope for about 200 yards. He told me that when he turns 7 (June) that he will be the best 7 yr old surfer on the lake! Got love that he has goals!
    He tried standing up but his transition caused the board to nose dive on him.

Boat was at 10 mph with TAPS at 4/5 and no weight in the sacs just 340 pounds of people on the port side.
    Attached Files
    "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

That looks like a perfect start, good job for him
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Good for him! I can hardly wait to get my son on a surfboard! But he wants to be like his older cousin right now and wakeboard, which is just as good I suppose
      Waiting for another good one!

Comment

Tell him when he stands up, even with the rope, I will send him a t-shirt. And I only send these t-shirts to people that learn to surf. I don't even have one.

You will just need to post the picture for me, and I will send it. My own daughter Jesse, saw me give these out when people learned, and got up. She had to have one.
        http://wake9.com/

Comment

That's a nice shirt ragboy! I'm going to convince my son to get up Wednesday now!

Comment

That's what its for, I want to see kids surfing. Especially behind tiges. But don't tell anyone that on ww. ;-)

Comment

Ragboy-

I'll send you some pics of my boy surfing. He has been begging to go lately! Our water and air temp is rapidly dropping so I found a little wetsuit for him that was used by one of the jr. world surf champion (according to the guy that gave it to me). He's been using a longer rope so he didn't have to deal with the big wave but just last Sunday (after seeing your idea about attaching the rope to the tower on the side) we had him surfing the normal wave! He was able to drop the rope and ride for a good 50 yards. He is 7 and as long as I give him ipod DJ privelages in the boat, he'll spend all day on the lake with me. haha

He'd be so stoked to get a t-shirt for his efforts!

Comment

Post the pics or videos here:

http://wake9.com/community/showthrea...Catch-The-Wave

Then I will pm you with info to send.

Comment

Ragboy that is awesome. I will show him the shirt tonight and I have a feeling he will try again this weekend. Even though air temps of 65 and water temps of 60 we will be out there.

Harv - That is cool that your 7 yr old surfs! We should plan a Tige Owners reunion some time next year between the WI and MN owners.

Comment

Great idea Booms...

Comment

Here are two pics of my boy. Gotta love the swim goggles.
                      Attached Files

Comment

^ What a great pic of him standing by the board with a tough look on his face

Comment

Awesome pics!

Comment

harv - That rocks! The goggles are awesome. I have a blue lake but thought it would be too hard to start on vs. the 4-skim. Did he start on his knees then stand up?

Comment

They are pretty hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                              X