IS THAT IT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IS THAT IT?

WHAT DO YOU GUYS RIDE OUT THERE.CURRENTLY ON LANDLOCK 5'6" W/ 1.1 A/WINGS. IF YOU HAVE A LANDLOCK OR BROADCAST, TRY PUTTING A SET OF A/WINGS ON INSTEAD OF THOSE GIANT SURF STYLE FINS. PERFORMANCE GAINS ARE HUGE. RECENTLY PURCHACED A "TRICKBOARDZ" SURF SKATE. HYBRID BETWEEN WAKESURFER AND WAKESKATE. ONLY RIDDEN IT TWICE AND MAN IS IT SQUIRLY (IT'S A FINLESS MODEL), AND I'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT. CHECK OUT TRICKBOARDZ.COM. THEY HAVE SOME KILLER VIDEOS. ALSO CHECK OUT THE FRESH AIR EXHAUST LINK. BOUGHT ONE OF THOSE TOO, HAVE YET TO INSTALL IT. LET YOU KNOW.

PS- IN THE WORDS OF BEN KANOBY "LET GO"
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

I ride the Landlock with the big fins. I've always enjoyed cruising around on the surf, carving up and down, rather than trying tricks. I have considered putting my A-wings on though, so I might give that a shot. I have been looking into trick boards to try out so I might need to do that some time also.
    www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Comment

Have you guys ever heard of Shed Stixx? I have had them recomended to me several times, but here on the Mid-West coast, no one carrys them for me to demo. I'm looking for something a little different than the Landlock.
      "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

I ride a Liquid Force Skim Skate 54. Its multi directional, spins easy and is very forgiving. I think the biggest fin on it is a 1.7 inch.

draginass, I have seen the Shredstixx but the price of them turned me away, I remember seeing them for about 300.00-450.00

Comment

I know they are pricey, but they are recomended for us Big and Tall guys (6'3" 215) How do you think your Skim skate would do with a hefty guy on it?

Comment

I am 6' 1 210 and I will admit it takes some work and a big wave but I really like the way it rides and it was free! They have a bigger version, which is 60 inches. The landlock is easy to ride but it doesnt give you the freedom to spin and let loose (if that is your thing or not). If I buy another it maybe the CWB Ride which is the same size as the Landlock but with smaller fins and multi directional.

Comment

WE use both a 54 skim skate and a Shred Stixx adn I haev to say, for a big dude (6'2 250) I have a hell of a time finding the sweet spot on the skimskate but the Shred stixx is EASY to get dialed in. They do cost a bit more but they very detailed and the quality seems to be excellent. The only thing about the shred stixx is that you will need a specailzed Rack or need to stow it the boat somewhere.

Comment

ONE FOR THE BIG FELLAS

CHECK OUT TRITONSPORTS.COM. THEY ARE THE MAKERS OF BUTTER BOARDS. THE CHURN 5'6" RIDES KILLER. MORE OF A SURF STYLE BOARD BUT IT'S FAST, RESPOSIVE, AND STABLE. I BOUGHT THE BUTTER SKATE AFTER TRYING JUST ABOUT EVERY SKATE OUT THERE EXCEPT THE BI-LEVEL (IT CAME OUT RIGHT AFTER I BOUGHT THE BUTTER). AND IT WAS BY FAR THE BEST. DON'T KNOW IF YOU CAN GET THEM OUT THERE THOUGH. I THINK THEY ARE BASED IN WASHINGTON.DEFINETLY WORTH A LOOK THOUGH.

Comment

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

Comment

Looks like there is a Butter Boards dealer right in my hometown. Guess I'll be checking that out!!

Comment

WHAT'S THAT SONNY, I CAN'T HEAR YOU. YOU NEED TO USE BIGGER LETTERS. Sorry about that. Just installed a new key board today. Yes it was actually stuck in caps.

Comment

I've got one of the original Hyperlite Skurfers (about 10 years old). It's got 3 surfboard like fins on the back. We took the bindings off a while back. It's a lot more responsive than the wakesurf boards my other neighbors have, or so all their kids tell me.
                        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

ok, tried a phase five board this weekend, that worked pretty good, but felt a lot like the landlock. We were behind a 24V with a HUGE wake, still didn't really find the pocket, but I could tell I was getting pretty close.

I could ride for 10 seconds or so, but never could get rid of the rope fully. So its more practice for me
                          Last edited by Tequilasun; 07-06-2005, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Which Phase 5 did you ride? Are you goofy or regular? Do you ride front side or back side?

Comment

Goofy foot, and I usually ride on the front (toe) side, so that puts me directly behind the driver.

I have tried the other side, but couldn't tell much difference.

Since I'm the only goofy footer in our boat, it is funny when I ride.."alright, everyone to the other side of the boat"

Comment

Working...
                              X