Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 R21

Everyone,

I am new here and just purchased a 2017 Tige R21. I've been reading previous threads about proper set up to surf but can't find the thread anymore. If anyone can paste the link that would be huge. Thanks again and glad to be here!

Taps 4, Surf 4, 11mph, 100% ballast all around. If the wave isn't clean drain water off non surf side or move people to surf side. Higher taps number is steeper wave.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
        Taps 4, Surf 4, 11mph, 100% ballast all around. If the wave isn't clean drain water off non surf side or move people to surf side. Higher taps number is steeper wave.
        I wanted to thank you again. Those settings worked awesome on goofy side but regular washes out. We think the actuator isn't firing for regular so need to look into that.

I did have another question. The steering is very tight. Any thoughts on that?

Comment

Originally posted by mjlater View Post

I wanted to thank you again. Those settings worked awesome on goofy side but regular washes out. We think the actuator isn't firing for regular so need to look into that.

I did have another question. The steering is very tight. Any thoughts on that?
          I would bet you are correct on the actuator. As far as steering, I would guess you need to replace the steering cable. Not uncommon after 4-5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post

I would bet you are correct on the actuator. As far as steering, I would guess you need to replace the steering cable. Not uncommon after 4-5 years.
            I have read about going to the demo mode and using code 9191 to test the actuator. Do you have an idea of how to get into demo mode?

Comment

It’s common for it to be a bit tight turning opposite of the surf side when surfing. Should be easy under a light load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No problem!
                There’s a good chance an actuator is bad. The regular side needs more weight on the surf side than the goofy. Try listing the boat over slightly and see if it makes a difference. But like others said test actuators first. Go into settings and there should be an option for dealer settings, then select surf and adjust right and left, tabs will then deploy.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                  No problem!
                  There’s a good chance an actuator is bad. The regular side needs more weight on the surf side than the goofy. Try listing the boat over slightly and see if it makes a difference. But like others said test actuators first. Go into settings and there should be an option for dealer settings, then select surf and adjust right and left, tabs will then deploy.
                  I appreciate the feedback. I’ll run out to the boat tomorrow and check it. Where would I find the dealer settings?

Comment

Originally posted by USWaker View Post
                    It’s common for it to be a bit tight turning opposite of the surf side when surfing. Should be easy under a light load.

The steering is very tight in all conditions. Even in neutral it’s very stiff. I was hoping that it would loosen up thru the day. It never happened. The dealer I bought the boat from seems willing to fix it but I’ve read on here from others that new cable doesn’t fix it and that you have to lube the rudder box as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mjlater View Post

The steering is very tight in all conditions. Even in neutral it’s very stiff. I was hoping that it would loosen up thru the day. It never happened. The dealer I bought the boat from seems willing to fix it but I’ve read on here from others that new cable doesn’t fix it and that you have to lube the rudder box as well.

I think 99% of the time you will find that replacing the cable fixes everything. I haven’t had to lube anything the times I have swapped the cable.

Comment

Originally posted by 25cents View Post

I think 99% of the time you will find that replacing the cable fixes everything. I haven’t had to lube anything the times I have swapped the cable.
                        Awesome. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                        X