Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goofy Side Wake - Washed out - Taps 3 Plate Extension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goofy Side Wake - Washed out - Taps 3 Plate Extension?

So last summer I picked up a 2019 RZX 20. Absolutely love the boat, but I am having some trouble with the goofy wake. It always seemed to be washed out compared to the regular side. I am pretty well versed in setting up a surf wave but for the life of me I could never get my goofy side wake as good as my regular side. I believe that's mostly due to the prop rotation (please correct me if that's wrong, but that's what I have always been told). I spent hours this summer trying to dial it in with the taps 3 system but never got it perfect...I tried basically every combination of the taps system... running 1/4 ballast, 1/2 ballast, full ballast, loading the goofy side more than the regular side.. you get the story..

I actually ended up picking up a surf wedge, which I now place on the driver side with 100% ballast and goofy side taps (well regular side) around 5-6, and that makes the wake MONSTER... (ill post some before and after pictures when I get the boat out next week) It actually makes the regular side looks small in comparison!

So here is my question... Has anyone ever extended the driver side taps 3 plate so it has more surface area than the passenger side? I would think this would have the same affect as the wake shaper does.

I have you checked the plates for full retraction and full extension? There has been actuator failure on those.

Comment

Working...
    X