Aftermarket surf system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket surf system?

Has anyone added an aftermarket system to a 01 2100v or similar boat. I was just wandering what your thoughts would be? I use a wake shaper now but thought adding a system to my boat for some easy and ability to adjust a little easier would be nice

I personally believe for the cost to add it's not worth it. I'm also in Canada so add 30% to the bill.

Yes, you can adjust L&R a lot faster and just have to push buttons but, your fuel burn goes up as you also require additional ballast to sink the back of the boat. The tabs lift the stern up so more weight is required to sink it back down for the same size wave you may already have.

Comment

Thanks for the info very helpful. Hadn’t though about having to add more ballast.

Comment

I have a 2006 24v that I installed surf gates on 2 or 3 years ago using hyperyd designs slapper controls, best upgrade thus far. No more fighting with suck gates or deck gates, a simple push of a button to surf or transfer in approx. 3 seconds. I will try to post some pics in next few days,

Comment

Thanks Bruce3 pictures would be helpful.

Comment

I'm a new owner of an older Tige (03' 24v) and when researching the potential for wake surfing I came across Go Surf Assist - gosurfassist.com
            Quite expensive, but if the family take to wake surfing it looks like a good way to be able to dial in the wake without fiddling around with manual wake shapers, and also I like that you can change sides on the fly.
            Would be interested to hear if anyone on this forum has installed one of these or knows whether they're any good / worth the money ?

Comment

Go Surf Assist is an AWESOME product, with proven results. Tige even used their tabs in 2019/2020 as OEM. We had them installed on our last boat (a 2015 Tige Z3). GSA also gives back to the Tige community by sponsoring the West Coast Tige Owners Reunion the last few years. Although pricey, I believe it's the best aftermarket surf system you could put on a Tige boat. As far as putting it on a 24v, theGerman618 on here installed them on his old 24v and did a write up with pictures on here. You should be able to locate it fairly quickly.

Comment

I really like the vertical suck gate, I am worried the bottom plates that the wave wouldn't be as good. On my 24v.
                Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

The links TeamAllen provided above explain the benefits and drawbacks of the plates on the 24ve... I am assuming they aren't that much different for a 24v. duffymahoney, kind of surprised you are even considering a change... you've been saying for years the wave is comparable to any new model. Why mess with perfection?

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
                    The links TeamAllen provided above explain the benefits and drawbacks of the plates on the 24ve... I am assuming they aren't that much different for a 24v. duffymahoney, kind of surprised you are even considering a change... you've been saying for years the wave is comparable to any new model. Why mess with perfection?
                    I am getting tired of the suckgate. I will just install a surf system that works the same.
                    Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Working...
                    X