Adding an extra bag (400LBS) to a 2014 Z3, any suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding an extra bag (400LBS) to a 2014 Z3, any suggestions

Love my 2014 Z3, but tough for my oldest son to surf as he has to work to keep up with the wave. The wave is pretty good but I'd like to perfect it. I have the pro ballast bags (2800# total), waiting on the custom Z3 bags to get off backorder. Any suggestions on weighting that year? I plan on possibly doing the newer Tige surf tabs over the winter (or GSA ones) but for this summer I think I'll add an extra old fly high ballast bag under the port side seat (we are all regular surfers) to give me 400LBS extra regular surf side weight. I'd like to just "T" off my fill and drain and vent pipes but I'm so rookie I'm not sure how to distinguish the vent from fill lines. The stock bags have 3 holes on top to fill and vent, 1 on bottom to drain. My old sacks have 3 total holes so I need to figure that one out. Any suggestions or resources?

waiting on the custom Z3 bags to get off backorder
    Mine are not on back order, though build time is about 2-3 weeks this time of year do to demand. Mine have 8 threaded ports.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

...So I thought the stock lines look like 1" but im now reading that they are 1 1/8", can someone confirm that. Also how do I tell which is my vent line and which is my fill line? My old left over Flying High bags have 3 connections and maybe a smaller connection as the hose was 3/4". I plan on just doing 3/4" to that bag as I have premium 3/4" hose left over from my previous boat So a "Y" that had two 1 1/8" connections and a 3/4" would be perfect but I bet I have to make it with some misc fittings. Any experience out there?

Comment

A 2014 will have 1-1/8 ballast hose.

Vent line goes to the side of the boat and fill will find its way to the bilge.

Fly High has 2 piece quick connects that have the 1-1/8" bard hose side and the Fly High 3/4 thread sacs side. Same fittings that would come with my custom sacs.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X