2005 22v surf video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 22v surf video

Got the boat on water yesterday and was able to test out the new ballasts from Chpthrill.

Here's a video from the day, me trying to learn to ride it ropeless

https://vimeo.com/527002408

This video is with the following:
    -rear port side locker full (1300 aprox)
    -rear starboard side locker 50% full (650 aprox)
    -bow under seat W711 bag full (425lbs).
    -Nauticurl wake shaper right below the "22V" logo about as far back as it can go and angled about 20 degrees down. I tried the shaper below that step to go even deeper and felt like it was giving better results right below the 22v.
    -riding on a 2016 ronix koal classic fish wakesurf board. The board is almost 5' exactly
    -4 people spread in the boat.. one in the bow, 2 on the rear bench, one driving.
    -taps between 4-5

I am 5'10" and 195lbs for reference.

I already had the bow bag but I bought both rear bags from Chpthrill. The wave seemed great. Really tall and long enough. The only thing lacking here is skill. I just need to be a better rider and I'll figure out how to work the board in the pocket of the wave. I just started trying to learn to go ropeless and am figuring out how weight distribution on my front foot vs. back foot helps me climb back into the pocket, and sitting harder on the toe side edge.

Anyways maybe this will help someone else get their 22v dialed, appreciate all the help I found here along the way. Looking forward to enjoying it all summer!

Good looking wave! and heck you got it, just work on transitioning back to the front foot after putting the brakes on. What speed were you running? Interesting you were good with 425 lbs and 1 person up front, in my 2004 I usually need about 1k upfront. Getting ready to pull on the wetsuits and head out in the next few weeks here in Ohio.

Comment

Great looking wave! Take the video sideways next time
      Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by Aspidaso View Post
        Good looking wave! and heck you got it, just work on transitioning back to the front foot after putting the brakes on. What speed were you running? Interesting you were good with 425 lbs and 1 person up front, in my 2004 I usually need about 1k upfront. Getting ready to pull on the wetsuits and head out in the next few weeks here in Ohio.
        More bow weight would probably be good. The boat does have too much rise in the bow I feel. I just already bought the w711 bag before contacting Chpthrill about buying his custom sacks. I bought the W711 when the advertisement said it held around 600 lbs but when it arrived it said 425 on the bag. I don't want to put anything in the walk way that would take up space, so feel like I'm maxed out up there unless I do lead under the bag.

Comment

Put your front hip and front shoulder over your front foot and keep your eyes ahead of you. Don’t look at your feet. It’s just like a snowboard. You have to ride your front foot. If your back knee is bent way more than your front knee, all your weight is on your back foot. That’s the brakes. You want to be on the gas, aka front foot. Bend your front knee, straighten the back knee a bit.

Nice wake. Gravy.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
          X