Ballast all messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast all messed up

So I was checking my ballast out today and here is what I found with my switches

Forward port empty is filling the aft port bag. Forward port full does nothing. Fill aft port nothing. Empty aft port nothing. Fill forward starboard fills correctly. Empty forward starboard drains correctly. Fill aft starboard nothing. Empty aft starboard nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So basically I can fill and empty my front ballast because it is all one bag even though the port side doesn’t work. My rear port locker fills with the wrong switch but will not empty.....also the pump that pumps out is leaking and filling the locker with water.

Any suggestions in where to start?

Comment

What year/model boat?

Is the ballast factory or aftermarket installed?

Physically inspect the leaking pump to see why its leaking. Hose, fitting, cracked pump housing.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Check for voltage at the pumps when the switch is on.

Comment

It’s factory ballasts in a 2008 Z1. The rear starboard pump is just completely disconnected from the hose. I can spin the pump blades so I’m guessing it’s seized up. I couldn’t figure out how to detach the other side. I removed the 4 bolts holding it into the floor. I could move the box around inside the locker slightly. Was pretty heavy with the water in it. I tried using pliers to twist off the tubes but the plastic felt like it was about to break. This is a picture of where I was trying to unhook the hose.

Comment

Comment

I think the pump housing was cracked. I couldn’t get it off to really inspect it but by putting my face down in there that’s what it looked like.

Comment

Working...
              X