air lock on front ballast of 2010 tige RZ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air lock on front ballast of 2010 tige RZ2

Currently have a 2010 RZ2 with Pro Ballast system and there is an airlock in the front ballast evidently because the boat sits in a cable lift. I was told by the service department to remove the rear seat and access the pumps from under the hinged floor. Sounds easy, but I can't get the rear seat off. Any suggestions of how do I access the fasteners under the cushion? Thanks so much!

believe it's similar to my '12 22ve. you have to reach up under the middle corners from either side storage. you will feel a threaded stud with a 1 or 2" washer and a nut. iirc it was 3/8 or 7/16. takes a long reach to get to them. sticking your head down in the observers side with a flashlight you should be able to see the stud. drivers side was all by feel since the side seat is not very long.

ymmv but we left nutst/washers off after removing the first time just incase we needed to get access to the subfloor while on the lake. we didn't trailer far to the ramp so never worried about losing a seat.

watch out as well when lifting up the floor. I tore the upholstered u-shaped piece under the drivers seat along the side with the black webbing on it. it was right in the middle of the floor hatch raising and didn't realize it. had to get it re-upholstered after tearing it. I left the padding off when upholstered and could then raise the floor without hitting it.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Thanks so much sandm! Very helpful and much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X