Wakesurfing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakesurfing

Anyone used the 22i with no ballast and just the taps system to wakesurf? Is the wake big enough? Im a beginner and havent mastered it yet, but was wanting to try and was hoping this wake on this boat would be big enough without ballast, just thought someone might have tried it on this boat and was curious how it went. Any tips or pointers? Thanks L

for just starting out.. probably, but im guessing that after to learn how to get up and just hold the rope your going to want more ballast
    Here's to swimming with bow-legged women

Comment

heres a surf wave behind a 22i with some sacs in it.. IMO your going to end up wanting to go this rout anyway..

Here's to swimming with bow-legged women

Comment

Thanks Thats a nice wake!! L

Comment

I surfed my old 22i with a few adults, it was never huge but enough to surf without a rope

Comment

I have a 22i & you I can surf w/ no rope behind it with no sacs - I just move everyone to one side. The wake is not huge, but it will work.

Comment

Thanks, i am just learning so at least I know it can be done and im not waisting my time, will give it a try this weekend....L

Comment

Run your taps at 3-4 and speed at 11.5mph, load with two or three people to the correct side and you can surf all day w/o the rope. We have two fat sacs in the side locker for a really nice wake that anybody can find the "sweet spot"

Comment

Hubdawg, what size sacs to you run in the side lockers?

Right now I have two of the fly high v-drive sacs 400 pounds each. I put one in the left locker. It fills up almost all the way and the other one I put on the floor behind the rear facing seat and I slide it over to the left side too. It seemed to work really well but I’m not that happy with the board that I have. I have a liquid force custom 4.10 and I think that it is two thin it doesn’t have enough rocker and I wish it had two fins instead of one.

When I go out this weekend I’m going to try to put my fly high integrated bow sac in the back wrapping around the rear facing seat and then put the other 400 pound locker sac on the left side of the dog house. We will only have four people this weekend so we will need all the weight we can get.

I will take pics this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by MTtigekid View Post
                    heres a surf wave behind a 22i with some sacs in it.. IMO your going to end up wanting to go this rout anyway..

This is actually a 21i so hopefully I will be able to make waves like these this weekend.

Comment

I don't have any ballast in my 05 22i. I've been surfing for 2 years and I don't have any problem with surfing even with only 3 people in the boat. My wife drives and I usualy try to get a 70/30 weight on the starboard side, taps at 7, 10.7mph. Port side is alot harder to get the wake cleaned up.

Comment

Originally posted by firemangr82b1 View Post
                        Anyone used the 22i with no ballast and just the taps system to wakesurf? Is the wake big enough? Im a beginner and havent mastered it yet, but was wanting to try and was hoping this wake on this boat would be big enough without ballast, just thought someone might have tried it on this boat and was curious how it went. Any tips or pointers? Thanks L
                        alot depends on how heavy the surfer is and what kind of board he is using. For instance, My son in law weighs 250 and rides a phaze 5 oogle. We have to form the biggest wake we can so he can go without the rope. small women and kids can get pushed all day using a few adults for weight and taps at 4 on a 24 ve.
                        Ask not! what your wake can do for you, ask! what can you do on your wake!

Comment

Working...
                        X