Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 11 yo surfing

If its not fun, Why do it?

Go to wake9.com and submit the YT id, and I will send out free tshirt for him.
    http://wake9.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
      Go to wake9.com and submit the YT id, and I will send out free tshirt for him.
      Done. He is excited about the shirt. Thanks!!

Comment

The funny part of that is he so badly wants to do tricks, he isn't trying hard enough to attempt them

Comment

Tricks will come soon... He has been free surfing for about 6 weeks now.
          Last edited by skyski_tige; 06-23-2009, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Looking good! Keep up the good work.
            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

That is great!

I have an RZ2...how do you set yours up for surfing...taps setting, speed, and which ballasts filled? I tried it this weekend for the first time and kept tweaking things, but I'm not happy with the wake yet. Any help woud be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Comment

Originally posted by Guapo View Post
                That is great!

I have an RZ2...how do you set yours up for surfing...taps setting, speed, and which ballasts filled? I tried it this weekend for the first time and kept tweaking things, but I'm not happy with the wake yet. Any help woud be appreciated.

Thanks,

David
                500 U shaped ballast up front(stock front ballast), the stock 250 tank filled in the back port, V-drive (~500) sac in the rear port locker, V-Drive sac in storage under passenger seat. If I really want some size... I add another v-drive sac on top of the passenger seat.

Taps at 5 and speed at 11.5

It takes a while to get it dialed in. Practice Practice Practice...

Comment

Got it. I just got the boat and only have the stock ballasts. Until I get some extra sacs, should I simply fill all three stock ballasts and play with the taps and speed? I assume faster = longer wave but maybe smaller? Slower = shorter but bigger wave? All tips are welcome.

Are your extra sacs plumbed in or do you fill them "manually"? Where do you get them?

Sorry for all the questions,

David

Comment

Guapo, I would fill the riders side to the maximum you can and the other aft ballast tank about 1/4 to 1/2 full.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                      Guapo, I would fill the riders side to the maximum you can and the other aft ballast tank about 1/4 to 1/2 full.
                      Thanks da.bell, I'll give it a shot this weekend. I'll post next week with results.

Any suggestions on where online to get extra ballast sacks?

Comment

Thanks da.bell, I'll give it a shot this weekend. I'll post next week with results.

You won't find anyone on here that will say no to extra ballast. Since your boat only has the standard ballast of 900 lbs, you could go with some smaller Fat Sac's unless you want that professional size wake.

Comment

Two regular users on here will be more than helpful to set you up with what you need. Try sending a PM to either chpthril (he's in N Carolina) or SPBFAN (Bakersfield, CA). You could also get a hold of SPBFAN at http://automarinecare.com/

Comment

I am getting ready to sell my u-shaped bow sac and 2 400lb v-drive sacs. PM me if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by majestic View Post
                              I am getting ready to sell my u-shaped bow sac and 2 400lb v-drive sacs. PM me if interested.
                              there you go... A source has just opened up

My extra ballasts are not plumbed. That is on my todo list...

I have about 6 of the 500 lb bags and but usually only use 3 of them.

I got mine from TexasTige(my local dealer)

David

Comment

Working...
                              X