Weighting a 20v for surfing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weighting a 20v for surfing

Any suggestions as to how much weight you should add and where for surfing behind a 20v. People will likely be surfing on both sides but I dont mind filling and draining the sacs on either side of the boat if I should (I dont have ballast).
    Thanks

I'd go with a Fly High W707 750lb sac 20"x20"x50"
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I've got a switch v (20v without bling). I have a 480 sac in rear locker 150 up front on the side. Then load the boat with people or fill up additional sacs towards the back. Taps set at 3.5 and speed around 12 according to speedometer... perfect pass reads 9.3 - 9.7 depending on rider.

Comment

sounds good. I'll give it a try if the water has warmed up a bit this week.

Comment

Originally posted by butch View Post
          sounds good. I'll give it a try if the water has warmed up a bit this week.
          Damn, if the ice breaks, it's time to go
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have a 2004 20V. We use a 400 lb sac on either drive side, and use a "custom" 150 lb ballast on my swim deck. Then we move the people on the interior to make the wake longer/shorter or shorter/taller. TAPS usually around 3-4, speed around 11.

Comment

I use 2 V-drive sacks in the rear locker (800#) and a 200ish# sack that runs under the port side seats. Only went out once and the wake was just massive--not very long really, but huge. I need to experiment some more to make it easier to ride. I think I need more wieght in the bow. I'll try it this wekeend and report back.
              Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Try adjusting your speed and TAPS...you can make the wake longer at faster speeds.
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Boards also make a difference on how fast you can go. My Yellow Loogie is much faster than my Butterboard. So, you may have to adjust speed based on your board. Also, find large friends to see the difference in adding additional weight. My boat loves more weight, the wave is stronger and longer...

Comment

Working...
                  X