Argh!! Why did this have to happen??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argh!! Why did this have to happen??

So about a year ago, before the season started I bought a used CWB SOL, with hinge bindings on it. I thought it would be a great setup to learn how to wakeboard. Well, I sucked bigtime on it.

I thought about buying a Motive or State last year, and tried the hinge bindings on a state to make sure it would fit, but still kep the SOL. I also bought my wife a set of womans hinge bindings so we could share the board.

I have heard tons of good things about the motive, so I just bought a used one off of wakeworld. I figured I could move the hinge bindings to it, and share it with my wife. I first put the Hyperlite bindings on the SOL (so I could sell it), and they seemed to fit ok. I ran into a problem when I tried to put the hinge bindings on the Motive. They don't fit!!

Why did they fit on a State last year, and why does the HL bindings fit the SOL, but the hole patterns don't match up for the CWB's to fit the Motive?? WTF??

Ok, that's now off my chest. :-)

Sounds like you got what you paid for with the S.O.L. ;-)
    http://wake9.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
      Sounds like you got what you paid for with the S.O.L. ;-)
      LOL!!

Comment

What's wrong with the Sol? I have one of those, that's the wakeboard I learned on and it was a great board. It's an even better board when you take the center fins off of it! That's the board that my buddies ride when they go out with me, I don't let them ride my Transcend.

Comment

You just never know what works and what doesn't. Right now, I've 4 boards and only 2 pair of bindings that fit the various boards. The CWB boards are the slowest in the industry; they rely soley on pop and no speed. They are wider than most boards out there, but the edges still sit fairly deep in the water. Great boards for some people, but due to the lack of speed I would never in a million years try to raley out in the flats with one. Work great for the W2W tricks though. fairly smooth as well.
          I'm full of tomfullery

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
            What's wrong with the Sol? I have one of those, that's the wakeboard I learned on and it was a great board. It's an even better board when you take the center fins off of it! That's the board that my buddies ride when they go out with me, I don't let them ride my Transcend.
            I never did that well on it, and it caught an edge very easy. I've heard a lot of good things about the Motive, and decided to buy a used one in case it didn't work out.

There's a good chance it was the rider, not the board. :-)

Comment

This is why you demo. Lots of people love Hyperlite. I hate the way they feel. At least that was the case when I was in the market and demoing boards. I liked every LF I rode. It's all about that feel. What works for someone else aint necessarily gonna work for you. That sucks you spent a bunch of money on something that just isn't any fun to ride. You should just surf. No bindings.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                This is why you demo. Lots of people love Hyperlite. I hate the way they feel. At least that was the case when I was in the market and demoing boards. I liked every LF I rode. It's all about that feel. What works for someone else aint necessarily gonna work for you. That sucks you spent a bunch of money on something that just isn't any fun to ride. You should just surf. No bindings.
                It's tough to demo in CO. Most shops don't like to do it, and the ones that do, you have to buy a board from them, and if you don't like it, you get credit towards a different board they carry.

Thanks to Timmy, we took up surfing last year. Our first sport is slalom skiing, then surfing and tubing for the kids. I'd like to attempt to get better at wakeboarding too. This is America. Can't you have everything? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Waterski-Rebel View Post
                  This is America. Can't you have everything? :-)

Heck yes you can, that's why you bought a tige'!!!
                  I'm full of tomfullery

Comment

It's tough to demo in CO. Most shops don't like to do it, and the ones that do, you have to buy a board from them, and if you don't like it, you get credit towards a different board they carry.

Thanks to Timmy, we took up surfing last year. Our first sport is slalom skiing, then surfing and tubing for the kids. I'd like to attempt to get better at wakeboarding too. This is America. Can't you have everything? :-)
                    I hear ya. Shops that don't demo just don't get my business and I tell them that right up front. No demo, no sale. We recently lost the one big shop in town that actually had a demo program. It was something like $100 for 8 demo's and at the end, that $100 went to the cost of the board you wanted. They sold just about every board in this town doing it like that. I don't understand why more shops don't do that. I guess I'm lucky that I'm not in the market.
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I believe the cwb bindings are 6" hole pattern while your board is for an 8" hole pattern. You can buy the extender clamps from any shop. They are like $20 or so. Just went through this with my brother-in-law.
                      How can I be racist when all of my assault rifles are black?

Comment

Ok, I must have had a brain-fart this past weekend. I went to look at the bindings and see if I could use an extender clamp, and I was trying to attach the CWB hinge bindings the way you connect a hyperlite binding. As soon as I saw what I was doing wrong, they fit right away.

DUH.....

Comment

Ok, I must have had a brain-fart this past weekend. I went to look at the bindings and see if I could use an extender clamp, and I was trying to attach the CWB hinge bindings the way you connect a hyperlite binding. As soon as I saw what I was doing wrong, they fit right away.

DUH.....
                          You shouldn't drink the bong water!
                          If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

ROFLMAO!!!

I wasn't expecting that.

Comment

Originally posted by ImaPigDog View Post

I wasn't expecting that.

Neither was I. I guess a good nights rest will do wonders for you. :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X