Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advice on wakeboards - novice

Hey Fellas,

Just going through some of the equipment I received with the purchase of the boat, two wakeboards came with it: 1. Blindside/Epic 125 cm with dual tracking fins, 2. Hyperlite Camano 144cm also with dual tracking fins. I know both are older boards but for now they will have to do. From what I researched, the Hyperlite will be for me ( 6' around 205 lbs. ) and I think the other board should be okay for my wife and daughter , 115 lbs and 109 lbs. Two sets of bindings came with it also: 1. a boot binding that I believe is an XL and a sandal binding set, that is all.

Questions: What type of bindings would be good for the girls? Did some looking around and came across a Connelly Seven Hinge Tech, pros/cons? I may need to buy a 'L' binding, any recommendations? Again, we are all beginners but have been up on wakeboards in the past, couldn't tell you what type of board or bindings.

Also need a board and bindings for my 10 year old boy. He is about 70 lbs. Any recommendations on boards? I am assuming a small size board - 119 cm? Bindings? Similar hinge style?

I tried searching here, but so far nothing has popped up, but I'll keep looking

Thanks in advance for any and all info.

125 may be a little small for your wife and daughter. It's perfect for your son.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by rjcruise View Post
      Hey Fellas,

Just going through some of the equipment I received with the purchase of the boat, two wakeboards came with it: 1. Blindside/Epic 125 cm with dual tracking fins, 2. Hyperlite Camano 144cm also with dual tracking fins. I know both are older boards but for now they will have to do. From what I researched, the Hyperlite will be for me ( 6' around 205 lbs. ) and I think the other board should be okay for my wife and daughter , 115 lbs and 109 lbs. Two sets of bindings came with it also: 1. a boot binding that I believe is an XL and a sandal binding set, that is all.

Questions: What type of bindings would be good for the girls? Did some looking around and came across a Connelly Seven Hinge Tech, pros/cons? I may need to buy a 'L' binding, any recommendations? Again, we are all beginners but have been up on wakeboards in the past, couldn't tell you what type of board or bindings.

Also need a board and bindings for my 10 year old boy. He is about 70 lbs. Any recommendations on boards? I am assuming a small size board - 119 cm? Bindings? Similar hinge style?

I tried searching here, but so far nothing has popped up, but I'll keep looking

Thanks in advance for any and all info.

Go check out the Green House Ride shop at the CC dealership of the 15 just before the 91 and tige water sports board shop off the 91. I think they are having some good sales on the 08 boards. If you like CWB send SPBFAN a PM and he can get you great pricing he lives just over the hill in Bakersfield.
      Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks fellas, sounds like I need to find a board for my daughter/wife. I am thinking in the neighborhood of a 135 cm board. Been looking on Craig's list and so far I haven't come across anything that would be considered a beginner/intermediate wakeboard, but a lot of cool stuff on there.

Comment

I'd definatly recomend the CWB hinge bindings. They are worth every penny. They are super easy to put on and they hold really good to the feet. I've slipped out of them once and with other bindings that are difficult to put on I'll slip out all the time. Once again the CWB hinge bindings are worth every penny.

Comment

Working...
          X