Kids wakeboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids wakeboards

Looking for a little advice on purchasing a wakeboard for my girls. They are 7 and 8 years old and only weigh about 45 pounds. (obviously they have small feet.) We have been snowboarding about twice a month since December and they are ready to head to the water. I look forward to any suggestions.

Most important thing for that age is the bindings, if they are to big it makes it really tough for them. (You ever try and ride in bindings that were to big?) Look around for used stuff, when they grow out of it in a year, you'll easily be able to sell it to the next Dad.

Comment

Originally posted by 22ba View Post
      Most important thing for that age is the bindings, if they are to big it makes it really tough for them. (You ever try and ride in bindings that were to big?) Look around for used stuff, when they grow out of it in a year, you'll easily be able to sell it to the next Dad.
      def. true.. the only problem may be finding a used wakeboard thats small enough for them.. i think they should be into something like a 105-110, or maybe a 119<< but it might be big
      Here's to swimming with bow-legged women

Comment

Call or go to Tigé Water Sports. I was in there a few weeks ago. And they had a lot of small wakeboads for girls on clearance sale. Check them out for sure.
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by Randy509 View Post
          Looking for a little advice on purchasing a wakeboard for my girls. They are 7 and 8 years old and only weigh about 45 pounds. (obviously they have small feet.) We have been snowboarding about twice a month since December and they are ready to head to the water. I look forward to any suggestions.
          I have an O'Brien Myth (126) with small bindings that would work. It's a great entry level board that took my son from learning to going wake-to-wake. Here's the thread I posted. My kids started when they were 6.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

There is an 08 Hyperlite Eden 125 & 135 Wakeboard today on Boarders Best Buy today.

http://boardersbestbuy.com/
            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input. I will be heading to Tige Water Sports next week to see what they have available.

Randy509

Comment

i found 125 and 126 on ebay for cheap and free shipping 149.00 for board and bindings and some for even cheaper

Comment

My 8 year old learned on a 119 2 years ago. It was a little big but it did work well. She weighed about the same.
                  15 Escalade ESV-Black
                  08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Wahooooo

Comment

Working...
                    X