Advantages of winter riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advantages of winter riding

This is why winter riding is sometimes better than the summer. Glass throughout the whole lake, no one in site, and glass everywhere. These are some pictures from riding on Jan. 2, notice the fog just off the water, made for a really cool scene.

Attached Files

Just waiting for a little rain cloud to pass by.
    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome pics Matt! What's the water temp like?
      Scott
      Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Comment

The water temp was around 48 - 49 and air was about 70 degrees. It was kind of funny seeing steam come off of you after riding.

Comment

Matt, awesome pics, I wish I was still riding.

I think I'm going to go ahead and pay out for a new drysuit, just because the water looks so nice on Lewy compared to the summers.

I'm too chicken to pull the wetsuit only as did Jake.

Once again, awesome pics, looked fun.
          www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Comment

Originally posted by David
            Matt, awesome pics, I wish I was still riding.

I think I'm going to go ahead and pay out for a new drysuit, just because the water looks so nice on Lewy compared to the summers.

I'm too chicken to pull the wetsuit only as did Jake.

Once again, awesome pics, looked fun.
            Ya Jake says hes not cold, but I know he is full of BS! Everytime we have gone out on Lewy this winter the water has always been glass. We were riding in the middle of the lake in these pictures.

Comment

Winter Riding

Hello Matt,
              I was also out riding this month. I was out on Jan 1, 05 enjoying smooth, glassy waters as well. The water temp was about 55 degrees temp outside about 65. I did use the drysuit as well. It's nice having the lake all to yourself isn't it. At least I still have sunshine hear in AZ in the winter.
              Great Pictures.

Comment

Hey Bgercone,
                Where did you go? I'm itch'n to go out in a few weeks (out of town on business at the moment ). If the water temp is still 55 I'll get in.
                Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Comment

Winter Riding

I have my Tige out at Canyon Lake. I will probably be out again this weekend. Sunday more than likely. 55 degree water is cold, I was in it without a dry or wet suit when it was 57 and it was cold!! The dry suit makes it nice.

Comment

I'll see you out there.....if the lake re-opens.

Comment

Bgercone, yes the drysuit does make it very nice, top that off with some drysuit gloves and you can ride all day...if you wanted too.

I wish I would have bought one years ago. I now realize how awesome the lake is in the winter. No rollers, no fighting for calm water, and worrying about other boats. You can concentrate on your riding and really progess.

Comment

MATT!? did you get a new boat???? (or is that someone elses?)

p.s. long time no talk!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffro
                          MATT!? did you get a new boat???? (or is that someone elses?)

p.s. long time no talk!
                          Ha ha ha...I wish! That is my buddy Mikes(black cap) 04 22V.

You still riding during the winter? How is "Our First Set" doing?

Comment

Working...
                          X