I need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help!

Sorry about the crappy quality but need some pointers or tell me my bad habbits please. Especially going toeside. Thanks in advance.

How can I be racist when all of my assault rifles are black?

I have no idea... but thanks for the vidoe, it was fun to watch.

Comment

About your toeside, as you start to edge in toward the wake you need to be leaning in a little toward the wake and holding the handle closer to your right hip. This will give you the momentum to cut through the wake and land on the other side. Start out small and work bigger.
      "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

Two suggestions:
        1. On both your toeside and heelside jumps, you're holding the rope up to high. The handle should be down around your waist so the boat pulls you from your center of gravity. With the rope up around your chest, you're out of control in the air and will have slack and balance problems. Try pushing the rope handle down as you approach the wake. Make sure your arms are straight. On your toeside cuts, the rope needs to be on your front hip.
        2. On your toeside cuts, take the pogressive cut all the way through the wake. There's a tendency to release the progressive cut (turn back towards the boat) that will create slack and loss of control on landing.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Thanks for all the tips guys, the sun finally decided to show it's face for the first time in 3 days here. I will try some today after the wife gets off work. I also got my tower speakers up and functioinal and need to post pics of those. Thanks again for the tips. I am sure I video for your analysis soon. lol

Comment

What is your rope length and speed? On your toeside, it looks like you are looking at the water while in the air. You should be looking above the treeline / houseline and than can help. Also noticed, that you are not really loading the line. Need to start gradule and then have your most speed when you hit the wake.

In the close up fall, it looked like the wake was washed out. Might need to shorten the rope to get to a smoother part.
            If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

yes, I did shorten the rope. I believe that legnth was 65'. I moved it up to the next loop. Maybe 3-5'? That helped with the pop a lot. Speed is 20-21, no speedset and amature driver. Taps was between 7-8 I believe. That was the first time I had tried toeside, I am starting to get more comfortable doing it so getting more air each time out. Getting consistant wake to wakes. Boat is winterized and I leave tomorrow back to Iraq. Thanks for all the input guys.

Comment

http://www.wakeboarder.com/tricks/tricks.phtml

This site has probably been posted before, but does have some good tips on technique. Good Luck and keep trying!

Comment

Heelside - your front leg is soft. You are absorbing the wake with your front leg and having too much weight on your back leg. This causes that "nose high through the air" look. Try and stiffen both legs up and put a little more weight on the front.

This is how I explain it. Image that you are going to give someone a piggy back right. They way your legs brace for them jumping on your back is the same way you want to brace your legs for hitting the wake.

Toeside - Its all about building commitment, i.e. the progressive cut. So keep the handle close to your front butt cheek or hip and look where you want to go, which is to the other side of the wake. The most common mistake is to let off your edge and rotating your chest towards the boat. This makes you jump forward and not accross. The back of your front(right) should should be showing to the boat.

Have fun.

Comment

Do what Turbonine says, and stand tall off the wake. Also with your cut into the wake, us the edge/rail of the board and not the fins. Really dig in with your heels and toes.

Comment

Working...
                    X