We're looking to Build A Bit more Wake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're looking to Build A Bit more Wake

I was at my local Tige dealer, walked by Daniel, my salespersons desk, and he had some pix of a Malibu that was obliterated from using a hugh spike kinda device on the stearn to creat a bigger wake.
    Appearantly the spike caught something, and the boat was murdered.

We'd like to get a bit higher and smoother wake outta our '03 (With the'04 bottom ) 22iR

My daughters naggin me, so it's time to act.
    Any suggestions for a quick and simple way to gain a bigger wake without one of those ridiculous Malibu/ Natique spike dealios on the back?
    Thanks.

Sorry about the links, Just can't seem to figure out how to keep imaging functions ON.

Daughter after an awsum run from the buoys at Parkers Headgate,, all the way to the dam.

Sis swings out to pick up some jump speed

Sis jumps the wake

Best towboat on the river. Anchored next to Malibus and Natiques ya really see the better styling too.
    The ride and handeling of the 22iR is beyond compair to the other brands.
    www.battlesangel.com

The thing the Malibu uses is called "The Wedge". It simulates 900 lbs. of ballast but there has been times (like you saw) where it rips off the whole transom. Correct Craft doesn't use and wedge or trim tab device on their Nautiques. If your going to want a bigger wake, the only way to go is to add extra weight. This can be done through Ballast (Automatic filling tanks built into the boat that add weight), Fat Sacs (Same purpose as Ballast, but they need to be self filled and are not built it, Lead Weight (Bars of lead that add weight), Sand Bads (Pretty self-explainitory, just add more weight). Ballast will cost the most for installation and the whole system and all. You best bet would be to get fat sacs because you can put them anywhere and they are alot cheaper and the only downside is to fill them up yourself which even isn't that bad at all. For ballast: www.rivalindustry.com , for Fat Sacs check out any wakeshop or online wakeshop and they should have them. Online: www.buywake.com , www.wakeside.com .
    www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Comment

Re: We're looking to Build A Bit more Wake

Originally posted by Flying Tiger
      Sorry about the links, Just can't seem to figure out how to keep imaging functions ON.
      Thats my fault. Its on for all of the categories now.

Comment

Bring 4 linebackers with you....

seriously here is a thread on weight placement.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...s=&threadid=29

Comment

Thanks,,
          I'll look it up.
          www.battlesangel.com

Comment

I'd recommend Launch Pads. They make a 540lb sack for the walkway which makes a big difference. When my kids go wakesurfing, we add a couple of 300lb to either side of the engine in my 21V. Talk about a tidal wave. Works well for wakeboarding too, but most find it a bit too intimidating.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
            X