Tommorrow I ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tommorrow I ride

It won't be behind my Tige, but for the first time in 6 months, tommorrow I will ride. I'm pretty excited. I've only ridden my board once, so let's hope i like it.

Awesome... I put the battery in my 99 after she's been hybernating all winter and she started right up! Our water temp is now in the low 60's, so we are ready to get in and do some riding. If not this weekend, soon.

Comment

What is the water temp there??

Comment

Prob in the 50's somewhere, but maybe up to 60 after the week we've had. THe lake I'm going to this weekend is relatively shallow, so might warm up fast. My buddy just got a new Supra 22SSV, so I'll get to check out another manufacturer.

Comment

Drysuit or full wetsuit? My guess is drysuit but have a great time.

Comment

Illini,
            We're gonna hit Lake Geneva Sunday if we don't get the snow
            Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

I went 2 weeks ago with just a wetsuit. The lake we went to was thawed, but one less than 5 miles away was still frozen. It was a tad bit cold, but still fun.

Comment

Jason B, will Geneva be calm until the water warms up? Costigan, I wanted to go 2 weeks ago, but the weather turned here and was miserable. Go figure, gorgeous all week and then rain and snow all weekend.

Comment

Geneva stays pretty calm until there are a ton of boats on the lake or it becomes REALLY windy... I grew up on that lake...
                  http://www.linkedin.com/in/zachgarcia
                  http://www.facebook.com/people/Zach-Garcia/1327360382

Comment

BTW... We're going out this weekend as well but it's going to be about 96-98 air temp with about 70-72 water temps...

I love the AZ...
                    http://www.linkedin.com/in/zachgarcia
                    http://www.facebook.com/people/Zach-Garcia/1327360382

Comment

Lunchbox - - I am surprised the water is that cold, must be from mountain snow run-off? If the water temp is below 60, I just can't get too excited about going, but now that it's getting up there, and with a shorty wetsuit, I am ready to ride.

Comment

Originally posted by illiniboarder88 View Post
                        Jason B, will Geneva be calm until the water warms up? Costigan, I wanted to go 2 weeks ago, but the weather turned here and was miserable. Go figure, gorgeous all week and then rain and snow all weekend.
                        Yeah, it's real nice till the boats come. That damn lake NEVER gets warm though. You'll freeze your sack jumping in at the end of Aug! I think 'cause it's so deep.
                        Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

My lake is nice bc it's deep enough that you won't hit anything but shallow enough it doesn't take long to warm up. Tommorrow, i'll be in a fairly shallow lake. We nailed something pretty hard one time outthere. Bent the shaft a little. Nice this time of year though bc the water won't be as frigid. One of the guys I boat with and I share the same opinion. We love early and late season. We'll gladly shiver a bit to have calm water.

Comment

I'm right there with you on calm water, but I wait until it warms up and then go out early in the morning. We don't hardly go out on the weekends when it gets bumpy. Guess we have just been spoiled with flat water most of the time.

Comment

illini

what lake you on up there?
                              My cousin has a place on bangs lake and my brother used to be on the chain.

Comment

Working...
                              X