Which board is better for my wife/daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which board is better for my wife/daughter

I am trying to decide on a board to buy for my wife and daughter to share. Wife is 120 pounds, daughter is 60ish pounds.

I am looking at the 128 Divine/Motive, the 130 Eden/State, or the 131 Lotus. The benifit of the Lotus are the hinge bindings.

Neither has ever wakeboarded before, and both learned how to ski last summer (wife is on a slalom).

I was going to buy the Divine, but I think they may outgrow it quickly, so I'm thinking about the Eden or Lotus.

Any suggestions?

thanks!

Originally posted by asn View Post
    I am trying to decide on a board to buy for my wife and daughter to share. Wife is 120 pounds, daughter is 60ish pounds.

I am looking at the 128 Divine/Motive, the 130 Eden/State, or the 131 Lotus. The benifit of the Lotus are the hinge bindings.

Neither has ever wakeboarded before, and both learned how to ski last summer (wife is on a slalom).

I was going to buy the Divine, but I think they may outgrow it quickly, so I'm thinking about the Eden or Lotus.

Any suggestions?

thanks!
    I have an O'Brien Myth that would work for your daughter. She's going to have trouble with even the smaller board. This one's a 125 and it's what my kids learned on. I have it posted here somewhere. PM me if you're interested. My son really wants to unload it. It's in really good shape with bindings.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

My wife (105 lbs, 5'3") has the 132 motive and my daughter (around 60-70 lbs 4' ) has the 125 motive. They both learned on the boards and they both like them, of course, they have nothing to compare them against so take it for what it's worth.
      Seem to be good boards for them, I have to assume they could share the boards....not my princesses though, they wouldn't have any part of that. That's why Daddy works 4 jobs (yes 4) so they can spend at will!!!
      Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

I think the Motive is one of the best shapes out there, afterall it use to be the Belmont. I still ride mine(finless) every once in a while. The only thing I would change about it is the landings. It tends to be a little hard on the landings in the flats. But if you arent taking landings out into the flats and hitting the dubs it isn't an issue.

I see that you ride the Omega. The Motive rides very similar to the Omega. The Omega seems to give just a little more off the wake and land softer.
        Last edited by turbonine; 03-04-2008, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I agree, I think the Motive would be the best choice.
          www.wake-boats.com

Comment

The Motive is a great board. My wife rides a motive and loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by dogrocco View Post
              The Motive is a great board. My wife rides a motive and loves it.
              We have a Motive and have taught tons of kids to ride and do their first W2W jump on it.
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Well, I ended up buying my wife a brand new Lotus yesterday. It was going to let her share it with our daughter too, but just saw one of these on craigs list for $50

http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/...ProductID=1735

It's an obrien myth. Should I buy it for $50 and use it for my kids, or just let them use the lotus? The myth appears to be a 126ish, and the lotus is a 131.

thanks,

Comment

The Myth is a great board for kids. Heck, for $50, how can you go wrong.

My kids are trying to sell their Myth (they outgrew it) right now. It's got the O'Brien Link bindings that we never used as well.

Comment

You'll love the hinged bindings.

Comment

Costigan's comment on the hinged bindings is a good one. Some people really hate having to wedge their feet in and out of bindings. The hinged bindings kind of take that problem away. That could be huge with a newb.

Comment

Well, my wife is excited and ready to try out the board. Now if this weather would warm up, and stay warm, we'd be in good shape.

Comment

With your daughter riding it. I would go with the 128 motive.

Comment

Working...
                          X