Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone?

Hey just wanted to see if any of you guys have demo'd the Slingshot boards and what do you think?
    Was thinking of getting the 07' setup with the CT bindings. Im aware that the slingshot bindings are the only ones thatll fit that board. The 08' boards carry the adapters for other type of bindings to go on there. Just curious on the board maybe I should see if any boardshop will let me demo it.

yea try a board shop that carries them. I would like to try them myself even tho I dont need a new board
    tell us how it rides if you demo it
    Everything happens for a reason
    I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

10-4 roger,roger.....

Comment

Put this in the "for what its worth" file...

While at surf expo, the topic of Slingshot came up. From what I was hearing they had a problem with breakage this year. Slingshot is a board that was originally designed for kite boarding and has not held up to the much harder landings behind a boat. This only what I heard, I have never ridden one. I am sure they have corrected any problems for '08.

Liquid Force has a new board this year (Press) that is supposed to be that "type" of board, thin & flexible. I haven't ridden one of those either, but I will!

Comment

I demo'd one this summer and had mixed emotions. It's a lighter board and the flex is cool. The bindings are comfortable, but there are about 10 ft of extra shoe lace hanging out when you're all dialed in. People were talking about how much pop the board had and how soft the landings were, so I was excited to try it.

The landings are only soft if you tend to land tail heavy. Land level and it'll knock your teeth out much like my Premier. I didn't have any problem getting it to pop, but a buddy of mine had real problems.

I might pick one up if I have a little extra cash laying around, but it won't be my primary board. check www.boardersmall.com as they have the packages on closeout right now and the price is good.

Comment

Man now that was real helpfull Im gonna do the same buy it but only if I have a little xtra cash. Actually Ive decided to stick with my LF Substance as Ive felt I havent pushed it to its full extent so Ill stick with it and go bigger with it. Thanks Lucky you were really helpfull.

Comment

I demoed both this summer and i loved them, they were also really fast, he didnt mention that! the bindings are worth the money, they have a little clip on each lac to put were ever you like. if you have ever snowboarded it slides sideways on the wake like rails! It was soft landing and had plenty of pop, i ride a cwb trancend, zues hinge, 07's and i would still love to have one of these setups, there different and exciting to ride!

Comment

I found form the the pop was fairly inconsistent... from everyone I've heard though that can vary depending on the riders style... I felt the same, landings were only soft when landing tail heavy

Comment

hmmm....yes I did notice that the Binding felt different than the Shane and Shawn bindings. Its like it was shaped better I dont know. still wonder if I can buy only the bindings? I think the 2008 ones you can and the 07 you cant thats what I remember the guys telling me that.

Comment

slingshot has a nice video on alliancewake.com right now. it has some of the '08 stuff in it. check it.

Comment

Working...
                    X