Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody make it out to waketoberfest this past weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody make it out to waketoberfest this past weekend?

just wondering if anyone got out to waketoberfest last weekend. i ended up spending the whole weekend studying for college stuff . if you were there put up some pictures and tell me how it went off at the new location.

Nope, got a late start Saturday and ended up riding on Lake Buchanan. It was super windy, but all-in-all, a great day to be at that lake.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I did not make it out either. I do lurk over on www.360wakeboard.com, there were some pics posted there. Looked like a great time.

http://www.360wakeboard.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=8340

Comment

thnx for the link SouthSide. Is this weather keeping the you off the water or have you been goin out still? I think we might get out on Georgetown tomorrow for a chilly morning session.

Comment

I am ashamed to say that I have not been out since early September. Just cannot get the schedules worked out with my buddies. I know I missed some good water. That and I have not been as motivated this fall because my back has been killing me and boarding puts the hurt on it. Need to give it some rest and get back to the Chiro so I am ready next season.

Where do you primarily ride? We store our boat out near the Perd and mainly ride out there. If we have another warm weekend in the next couple of weeks I am going to get out on Lake Austin to get in a surf session before I put the boat up for the winter. I know, I know, we really don't have winter in Texas. What can I say, I am a wuss I guess. That and the fall hobbies take over my time.

Comment

we usually go to lake georgetown. my parents have the boat over there and they live about a mile from the lake. so for me its just easier to run over that way when we want to go out. on top of that i'm a broke a$$ college student so it saves me gas money. personally i prefer the perd and lake austin but its harder to get out there. i think we only got out to each of those once this year. this whole year has sucked though with all the flooding during the prime part. i totally agree with you about trying to get out once before winterizing. its been getting cool at night but i'm still kind of reluctant to do it until i get out and ride again. my solution for cold riding was just to get a riding shirt from o'neill. its super flexible but keeps your core warm. i kind of want to get a spring suit for the chillier days but those are double or triple what one of the riding shirts costs.

Comment

I hear you on being a broke college student, I was there myself about 10 years ago. Still, boats are expensive, I went in with two other guys on my Tige to help spread the $$$. It works because we are all really good friends and responsible.

I have never been to Lake Georgetown, I hear it is small but nice. I work with a guy that goes out there occasionally. I live south so it only takes me 30 minutes to get to the Perd. If you go out to the Perd next season you should shoot me an email so we can hook up for a beer.

We did get screwed this year with all the flooding, we missed almost two months of lake time. Sucks after the last two years of drought. Hopefully we will get a couple of good weather years in before the weather freakiness starts again.

Instead of a shorty you should check the Jetpilot Crown Jewel shorts, they have a liner that keeps the boys warm and they are great for this time of year before the water gets too cold. They are perfect with a heater shirt. I get them on sale for cheap last year online. I do have a cheap full suit from Academy but it is a pain to move in and get on and off, so I rarely use it.

Comment

you know i totally forgot about those jetpilot shorts. i had wanted a pair a while back maybe this can be my excuse to get some. i'll most def. hit you up next time we get out on the perd. the flooding extra sucked for us because it kept lake georgetown closed until september.

Comment

Working...
                X