80ft, need Longer rope??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80ft, need Longer rope??

Anything I can do to make my rope longer? its 80ft now and I like pushing to see how far i can jump and im landing about 5-6 ft in the flats lol. ITs fun but wanna go farther. Any suggestions.
    For Those About To Ride We Solute You

Originally posted by ddmracing05 View Post
    Anything I can do to make my rope longer? its 80ft now and I like pushing to see how far i can jump and im landing about 5-6 ft in the flats lol. ITs fun but wanna go farther. Any suggestions.
    Can you do the same toeside and switch? What is your speed at that length? Im curios to know if the wake is still clean at 85ft.

Comment

i think straightline sell 5ft extentions.

Comment

I have three 5ft sections there Spectra, and thremal coated. $20 Plus shipping.
        The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

how in the world did you get a clean enough wake at 80+ feet? i'd like to know your speed and amount of ballast.

Comment

maybe you should contact the guys over at bulletlines.com and get a coated spectra winch line they are selling. then you could go anywhere from 600' to 1000' ft back. j/k. but if you really wanna have some extra line laying around you could cut it up and make your own sections.

Comment

you could just borry a buddies rope and knot the two together and measure off and mark like 5 foot sections and do a make shift not to the tower. i still want to know how you get a good wake that far out.

Comment

um, 80 feet and it's still clean? you must have some special edition tige. Mine isn't clean after 70
                Originally posted by G-MONEY
                It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
                  um, 80 feet and it's still clean? you must have some special edition tige. Mine isn't clean after 70
                  Try some different weighting. I can get mine clean to 80. Usually, it's more weight in the bow that does it.
                  Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Yeah I can get it clean, just don't see the point, but I'm not a pro boarder so.... I have had it clean at 85, but it's hard. I was just being silly mainly
                    Originally posted by G-MONEY
                    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

dude i can put it 15 feet out in the flats any time i want, regardless off where the rope is.(i ride 75). just chill out and try to take your jumps higher.

Comment

i got used to riding 75+ back back a few years ago because i sucked at weighting the boat and had to ride fast and far back. been going 70-75 with the weight right and its been much better. but you guys are right its a chore to get the wake clean that far back at normal riding speeds.

Comment

My wife ran over the rope a few years back. Now in the rare event that I have to go longer, I saved the non damaged 5 foot sections and can add those. I have only gone with one guy who needs it, though.
                          Be excellent to one another.

Comment

with four hundred in each back locker four hundred in the nose, another four hundred in the walkway, stock hard tanks in the middle left and right side, four people in the boat not including rider, taps at 5.5ish, and 24-24.5mph our '06 22ve holds an amazing wake at 82 ft

Comment

Working...
                            X