All around board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All around board?

Hello all. This post is similar to my post in the wakesurfing section. Basically, my family recently purchased a used boat and we are starting to buy the toys we need. What I am looking for is some good advice on getting my family started with wakeboarding. We are not experts and never will be experts, though my kids are young and they may become experts. We will be taking a lot of first timer friends with us. So, I am looking for some good all around jack of all trades wakeboard that beginners and intermediates can have fun on. By the way, I am 6'4" 210 lbs and wear a size 13 shoe. It may be that I have to buy a separate women's and men's wakeboard. I'd appreciate your insight.

Questions:

What brand/type of wake board?
    What bindings (on this one, I recently wakeboarded on a friend's board with bindings that you twisted a knob to tighten and pushed a button to loosen. It was great)?
    What type of rope/handle?
    What length of rope?

All we have locally for watersports gear is a Sportsman Warehouse. So I may have to look online to buy. If so, I'd also appreciate recommendations on good places to buy from.

FYI-Our boat is a 2005 Calabria Pro V with stock ballast for now. Our ultimate goal is to get into a Tige but we got the Calabria from a repo auction for cheap. So, for the time being, we are set for a boat.

Cheers!

Hyperlite, Liquid Force, Ronix, CWB, Gator Boards and there would be no need to buy a mens and woman wakeboard unless the wife says

The binding you rode was a Murry binding($400), they have the twist nobs

You can use pretty much any handle, I recently got a Hyperlite Exdous ARS($70) Love it I can ride a few days in a row and my handles wont be bleeding anymore. For rope length I'd say 65'-80'

I have a 2006 Hyperlite Drive 139 board holds riders 155lbs- 235lbs and 2006 Hyperlite State bindings which are size 10.5-15(XL) That I will be selling end of the season(Mid October- Early November) and I would take $300 OBO Rode for one season but bought new.

By the way the board retails for $365 and boot are $260 new setup could pass for new, Alway kept in board bag out of the weather.

Good luck,
    Michael
    The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

if you are looking to buy gear this is the time of year to do it. all the shops and websites are getting ready for winter and slashing prices on equipment. buywake.com, evogear.com, wake-side.com, just to name a few. or just try out your local proshop and ask for a demo or blemish board they are always much cheaper.

Comment

I just grabbed a beginner board for guest over 180 w/ bindings shipped for $180. it is a Hyperlite Motive and XL spins. I thought is was a pretty good deal. It worked great for the beginners I had with me this weekend.
        http://www.wakeboatworld.com
        []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Good info guys.Can anyone tell me the different length of boards one should ride.My wife and daughter are 5'2-5'4" at the most 120 lbs.Both are beginner to intermidiate (down the road).We have asked a few different shops and we get answers for different lengths>I think it depends on what board they are trying to unload that day.We have a 137 right now that they say is good for my son and I 6'-6'1" 155-230 lbs.What is a good board for my wife and daughter to get.Thanks

Comment

I'd say a 134 would be the ideal board. That said, my youngest has a 132 Byerly and a 134 Marius. He weighs about 120lbs. He's and intermediate rider.

Our most popular board among their friends is a 134 Hyperlite Motive. We've taught a bunch of kids to wakeboard on that thing. My youngest keeps wanting them to try his boards, but they always go back to the Motive.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
            X