First comp.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First comp.....

Well, it went about how I expected....not so well! I crashed 4 times doing various tricks but I had a LOT of FUN! I landed my wake-to-wake 180 (huge air too) but crashed about 5 feet after landing for some unknown reason, threw various grabs and crashed on my 360 attempt hard. Not sure where I placed as we decided to leave because of a storm that was moving in.

Here's a few pics that my brother took from the shore!
    Attached Files

that wake looks huge. well thats not bad for your first comp. I have been wanting to try. although I thought that if you crash more than 2 times you DQ?
    Everything happens for a reason
    I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

This comp was cool, crash as many times as you need to ! It was a nice size wake, very, very clean as you can see from the pic below. I was thrown off by how narrow the wake was and how steep the ramp is. The wake behind my boat is a lot wider and taller but doesn't have as much ramp as this one - it launched me pretty high and then would throw me way out in the flats and I left the extra rope back in my truck so I had to try and balance how hard I hit it.
      Attached Files

Comment

bring your own rope?

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
          bring your own rope?
          Yep, had to bring your own rope and handle. I was riding at 65' and should have gone to 70' but took off my extra sections because I wasn't planning on crashing and needing to extend it out.

Comment

guess thats a good thing to know. I hate having to get used to someone elses wake. It sucks and esp if you are at a comp

Comment

I've only ridden behind 1 other wake boat and that was a Moomba. The Malibu definitely throws out a nice wake, just needed some practice riding on it!

Comment

I've riden behind three types of boats. A Bu, MB, and a Tige. I wouldn't say one has anything better than the other but are definitely all different and unique.

Try to ride behind as many as you can. It is well worth it... IMO

Comment

The trick is to be friends with people with other types of wakeboard boats.... I only have 1 friend with a wakeboard boat, everyone else has "speed oriented" boats.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
                    The trick is to be friends with people with other types of wakeboard boats.... I only have 1 friend with a wakeboard boat, everyone else has "speed oriented" boats.
                    Well, you are correct. I am hoping by the end of this summer I can get into a friends Supra... What about posting on WW in "Find A Third/Be A Third" section. I am sure there are a few that wouldn't mind being pulled behind a Tige.... Just a suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                    X