Bindings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bindings

Ok somewhere in between this fall and spring I'll get a new board and binding setup, I know for Bindings I want to get a comfortable dual lace up binding, Nothing quiet top of the line, No $400doller ones, I'm thinking an 07 model for my '08 season,(save some green for the tank) Like middle of the road, I like the new LF's I'm looking in the $250-350 range for boots, Any suggestions? Anybody got a nice set of '07's they'll want to get rid of before next summer?
    The sun never sets on a badass

I just got my son a pair of Liquid Force Transit bindings. He loves them. He's a pretty aggressive rider and had the HyperLite Split bindings before.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

My son also uses Transits. Very agressive rider, lots of invert tricks etc. Says they are the best he has ever used. He is 20, and 6'1, 195, not a small kid.

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
        I just got my son a pair of Liquid Force Transit bindings. He loves them. He's a pretty aggressive rider and had the HyperLite Split bindings before.
        Originally posted by laserfish View Post
        My son also uses Transits. Very agressive rider, lots of invert tricks etc. Says they are the best he has ever used. He is 20, and 6'1, 195, not a small kid.
        How do they like the dual lace up, Do they ease in and out or PITA?

Comment

I was looking at
          -Transits

-Sphynx, real comfordable

-Shane or Watson OT(if its a good deal)

-Hyperlite Proofs?????(anybody use these?)

Comment

I know you said the OT but I'll comment on the '07 CT Shane bindings since I own them..

They are the best bindings I have ever had!!!

The dual lace up is awesome! They are SOOOO easy to get in and out of and w/ the dual lace, you can really sinch them down onto your feet. Hands down the most comfortable bindings I have ever put my feet in!!!
            If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

Thats what I wanted to hear, They since down tight. Great

Wake,
              So How 'bout you get a '08 pair and sell me your '07's...What size?

Comment

The Shanes are just gonna be more expensive. If you can get a deal on the Transits, they they'll be in the $250 price range. Figure on an extra $100 for the Shanes.

The Transits have the same lace as the Shanes.

BTW, use the money you save to get a CWB Marius board. Demo one for sure. That board is amazing.
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by wannabewakeboarder View Post
                  Thats what I wanted to hear, They since down tight. Great

Wake,
                  So How 'bout you get a '08 pair and sell me your '07's...What size?
                  They are size 11-12.

And no I'm not getting the '08s. Didn't you read how happy I am w/ the '07s!
                  If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                    The Shanes are just gonna be more expensive. If you can get a deal on the Transits, they they'll be in the $250 price range. Figure on an extra $100 for the Shanes.

The Transits have the same lace as the Shanes.

BTW, use the money you save to get a CWB Marius board. Demo one for sure. That board is amazing.
                    I like the transits alot, And the shpynx too. My dealer dose sell CWB's They can order them but $$$

Originally posted by wakeboarder247 View Post
                    They are size 11-12.

And no I'm not getting the '08s. Didn't you read how happy I am w/ the '07s!
                    Prefect they'll fit me good, What are you asking?

Comment

Here's another vote for transits. I am a big rider on a big board, Murray 142, and these bindings give me great board control and feedback. They are quite easy to get into and out of and I have yet to blow the board off, they really fit well. If you go on e-bay there are tons of brand new '06-07 transits for $99-199, depending on size. Good luck with the search.

Comment

Can I expect these to tighten down well on my feet and stay tight through my set?

Comment

Originally posted by wannabewakeboarder View Post
                          Can I expect these to tighten down well on my feet and stay tight through my set?
                          Just remember, you don't want the bindings to be too tight. If they are too tight, then they will cause your feet to become numb and riding with numb feet is not fun.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                            Just remember, you don't want the bindings to be too tight. If they are too tight, then they will cause your feet to become numb and riding with numb feet is not fun.
                            the pros say you want it to be tight enough to where after about 15 mins you feet become numb is what I heard somewheres..
                            Everything happens for a reason
                            I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

they dont need to be that tight.. you basically dont want any part of you foot to lift, mostly your heels. get them tight enough that your heels dont lift at all and no other part is excesively lifting. and the booe is only going to be as stiff as it is designed to be. once you have made it so your foot wont move, its not really going to get any stiffer if you make them super tight.. try it. put your board on in your house and get them tight enopugh to hold your feet solid. see how much flex there is. then sinch them way tight and you will see that you still have pretty much the same flex, but your feet hurt. and your bindings will not be loose either. there going to be pretty tight.. they just wont be making you numb.

i ride sphynx and love them. you cant go wrong. tried ultra's and didnt like them so much. my friend really likes his transits to

Comment

Working...
                              X