"Finally Boarding!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Finally Boarding!"

After almost five years of frustration and endless encouragement Brenden my youngest son is finally boarding. He has overcome his fear and is now happy and excited about doing it. It took a weekend trip to lake Anna last week to get him over the hump. We were there with some neighbors who have a son Brenden's age and he was all about trying and learning to do it. I guess Brenden couldn't let his friend out do him, , so he finally sucked it up and did it.

"You know what?" I never knew he had so many teeth, his smile was so big I am surprised he didn't rip his cheeks open from the skin stretching so tight!

We went to lake Anna for the Mid Atlantic Series Glass & Powder wakeboard competition, it was a good weekend. My oldest son Kyle placed (tied) 3rd place in the Outlaw division.
    Attached Files
    I don't want to go to work, take me wake surfing instead!

Man thats great. A little competition always helps. You just gotta make sure he still loves it after the first really hard face plant....thats the true test great to see a new kid get up and an addition to the sport
    Everything happens for a reason
    I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Peer pressure will do it every time. It is great to see them do something and they understand what you are trying to tell them.

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
        You just gotta make sure he still loves it after the first really hard face plant....thats the true test
        Mission accomplished, Sunday morning about 8 am he had his 1st hard face plant on an accidental surface 180 as he crossed the wake, he wasn't sure what to do and caught his edge and whamo! Later that day he was begging to go out again. I thinks he's finally 100% committed.

Comment

rock on little dude

Comment

Way to go Scoot Some of my Scouts tried for the first time this weekend and 2 got right up and had a good long ride behind the boat.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Just 2 weeks into it and he's already trying to keep up with big brother. Entered his 1st comp. this past weekend. The anual Ski Boats Unltd Wakefest at Oak Grove Lake in Chesapeake VA. I think he had a blast. Both boys are competing in another comp this upcoming weekend at Lake Gaston in NC.

Check out the little guy!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                Way to go Scoot Some of my Scouts tried for the first time this weekend and 2 got right up and had a good long ride behind the boat.
                Sure does make you feel good when the newbies get going and are having fun. Way to go....................

Comment

Here is big brother during last Saturdays competition. The event photographer got some excellent shots.
                  Attached Files

Comment

what tricks is the big bro throwin?
                    Everything happens for a reason
                    I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

That's awesome!
                      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Great pics! Looks like lil bro might be catching up to big bro in the near future!
                        If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
                          what tricks is the big bro throwin?

The first picture is a backroll, the 2nd pic is a method front 2 fakie.

He has asked me to also list these:

roll 2 blind
                          ts 3
                          hs 3
                          hs bs 3
                          switch 3
                          ts 5
                          hs 5
                          half cab roll
                          scarecrow
                          switch crow
                          hs roll 2 revert
                          slob ts roll to revert
                          switch roll
                          tantrum
                          tantrum 2 fakie
                          ts back roll
                          ts front roll
                          front flip

and many more

anyway you guys get the idea.................
                          Last edited by scoot18; 08-22-2007, 06:22 PM.

Comment

So your son is just a beginner huh?

That is a very impressive list of tricks! I bet that's fun to watch all the time too huh?
                            If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

Originally posted by wakeboarder247 View Post
                              So your son is just a beginner huh?

That is a very impressive list of tricks! I bet that's fun to watch all the time too huh?
                              YUP! just started boarding this summer................NOT! He is 15 and started watersports and boarding around 6 years old. Been going hard at it for about the past 2 now.

Fun to watch; yeah I guess. Since I am always driving, my vantage point is usually the rear view mirror. I try to stay spun around in the seat as much as possible, but still got to keep an eye on where the vessel is going. The learning curve for most of these tricks has involved many many u turns on the boat. Surprise I haven't worn out the steering wheel. It does make me feel good deep down inside to see him land some of these awesome tricks. Proud papa. The list is getting long and I am having a hard time keeping up with them all.
                              Last edited by scoot18; 08-23-2007, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X