raley in the bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raley in the bag

i've wanted it for ever and its been bugging me lately so i started trying them on friday. i tried 3 and they were all the hardest hits i've ever taken. then on saturday i tried again. i used the wakeskate to help get the feeling and it worked. i put the board on wrecked twice pretty good and then i stuck it. i've never been so stoked it was the best feeling i've had wakeboarding

and typacal of me i dont have any pics but i'll take some and try to post

How did you pratice whit a skate?

Right on...Gotta get some pics!
    The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

you do everything the same as you would with a wake board, but once you leave the wake the skate is not attached to your feet and you can let your feet out behind you and then pull them back under you without having to worry about catching your edge on the way down and doing the worst face plant of your life. it takes away the worry and lets you really feel it without taking so many hard wrecks. the first day that i tried i just used the wakeboard, and once i was in the air and my legs where behind me i would kinda freak out and let go of the rope and i would roll on to my back and take a major back flop

Comment

So, ever time you did it on a skate, you fell? But you fell for pratice on a board?
        The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Ya that's what he is saying. I've done this quite a bit too. You can go slower on a wakeskate and still get enough air to get the feeling of inverts/raleys without knocking yourself out. Yes you fall because you are basically just jumping off of the wakeskate and then trying your trick. It hurts a lot less to fall without a board attached b/c like laketime said, you don't catch an edge and get whipped around. I did the same thing when I was younger b/c I wanted to know if I had the strength to pull myself back down on a raley. A wakeskate is a very good way to try new tricks IMO.
          If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

Congrats on the raley!

Great idea, BTW. One of my sons is trying to learn his first invert, a backroll. Might have to try that when we have some open spaces without a lot of boats around.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

congrats! i need to practice that as it seems like an amazing trick to have in your bag!
              Originally posted by G-MONEY
              It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wannabewakeboarder View Post
                So, ever time you did it on a skate, you fell? But you fell for pratice on a board?
                yeah you fall every time with the skate. it just makes it so you dont get hurt as easilly. with the skate it feels like a big cliff jump when you hit,, not very bad at all.

i actually went the the same speed as i wake board. 24.5

but it really does help alot to use the skate . i wish i would have used it the first day. it would have saved me from a few hard hits.

Comment

I know a guy around here that broke his femur on a raley when he let go of the rope.

They say the trick is not all that difficult, but the price to pay when you come up short is awful.
                  Be excellent to one another.

Comment

The price is terrible. My son was jumping wake-to-wake when he was 8. We were riding with the Tige pros and he saw one of the other riders doing a raley. He got about 10' in the air, got his board above his head and landed spread eagle with a full face plant. It knocked his helmet off his head and almost choked him with the chin strapped. He didn't cry, but he was done for the day. I felt so bad for him.
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Kids today seem like they think they are invincible. Unfortunately but true.

Comment

Well, he's got some mental issues trying the backroll. I think he still remembers that fateful moment.

Comment

He should. I remember every single face plant that I do and remember that each and every time I attempt a surface 180.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                            I know a guy around here that broke his femur on a raley when he let go of the rope.

They say the trick is not all that difficult, but the price to pay when you come up short is awful.
                            very true. its a big mind game to even think about doing one. there was a kid earlyer this year that broke his neck and died trying one. my best riding bro learned his last year. he got knocked out and concusion 4 times in his whole learning stage. the last one left him with headaches and split vision for 3 weeks.
                            and all my wrecks were enough to usually make me call it quits, but i couldnt get in the boat scared of the trick.

Comment

Interesting way of thinking. I guess we all have to learn our limitations and what we can, can not, and will not do.

Comment

Working...
                              X