Toe-side cutting tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toe-side cutting tips?

I am new to Wakeboarding (long time skier). I now have 4 runs under my belt (real newbie) and am looking for a few tips. I have no trouble getting out of the water and am relatively comfortable (for 4 runs) cutting heal side.....but could use some tips for toe side cuts. Seems the only way I can cut toe side (at all) is to take my trailing arm off the handle and extend it behind me. If I keep both hands on the handle I can't seem to position my body/weight to get and keep the board pointed into the cut (wants to keep pointing back at the boat). I know it will come with more runs and practice....but any helpful advise or tips to accelerate learning would be appreciated?

I have to take my hands off the handle also. I'm not a flexible as I was when I was younger. IMO, if it seems to work for you without having both hands of the handle, don't change a thing.

welcome to the website. We would like to see pic's of your boat when you can. We like to see everyone's boat. Where do you board? Folsom????

Comment

put your handle at your hip, and lean. It's how I do it. also press down with your toes.
      Originally posted by G-MONEY
      It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

try keeping the handle close to your front hip then just lean in to it...
        Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

HA HA HA

You beat me to it
          Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

yup, that's what I was saying as well

Comment

It was still somewhat of a wrestling match between me and the board even with one hand off, but it definitely helped......

Yes, I mostly boat at Folsom...live right by it. Will take and post a few pics of the boat after my next outing....don't think I have any good ones handy.

Comment

Well, I am sure I will see you out there. That is also the same lake that tigeblue (another member on this site) and I board at. Again, welcome and get in touch with tigeblue also. He likes to board at 6 AM weekdays and usually needs thirds.....

Comment

i find it really helps to actively try and push down with your toes. I do that with the handle at the hip and lean and it's pretty easy.

Comment

Thanks....will give it a try. I assume it is common to have more trouble cutting on the toe side when learning or is it just me?

Comment

Unless you're Shaun White, yes, it is more difficult.
                      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I have seen people that are not really balanced on their board to much heel weight and that makes it really hard to go toe side. The size of your foot will change how far forward or back to move your bindings. I have a very small foot (size 8 and I am 6'4" and 220#) and when I ride others boards I allways have to move the bindings forward to make it more comfy toe side. That's why it's a must to have your own board, (at least my wife bought into that)
                        My dad always said "Stupid Hurts". He's yet to be proven wrong, but for some reason I keep trying.

Comment

im new to this game myself been 8-10 times i have landed 3 jumps 2 toe side 1 heel. i find it eaiser to cut toe side for some reason. my so called pal (the one with the boat so i have to take is sh**)says it because my beer belly pulls me harder that way. he might be right i just push my toes down give a little lean and im off. ive never really paid much attention to how his board is set up as far as boot postion he lets me use it i run what he runs but i am in the market for my own now. i will have to try different postions to see what a differance it will make thanx for that advice.

Comment

I have been out a few more times now since my original post and I did play with the boot position. It came set with both boots centered and pointed out at 15%. I closed the back boot to 10% and opened the front to about 20%. This made it much easier for me to cut toe-side. I know this is probably a whimp out and may pay the price when I need to move them back to enable easy switching....but for now it has improved my uptime.

Comment

You are learning and that is good. For now, I am sure that will work but eventually you will want to set the bindings up normally but I am glad that you are finally getting more experience on the water.

Are you still going to Folsom?????

Comment

Working...
                              X